Read about Christmas reception activities, Christmas
reception games and Christmas party games.
Christmas Reception Activities
Christmas Reception activities must reflect the zeal and enthusiasm of the Christmas day celebrations. That is why; activities and games for Christmas reception party should be fun and festive and should be able to tap in the excitement and joyous spirit of the season. It should reflect the spirit of Christmas as well as the romanticism of a wedding ritual. As most of the people keep the wedding simple and sweet and prefer to throw a lavish reception, your theme of Christmas must be full of grandeur and magnificence. Apart from the beautiful Christmas themed decoration, the ambience, the music and the menu should also reflect the spirit and joyous spirit of Christmas. Your activities should be full filled but related to the theme. Here are few activities which you can involve in the Christmas Reception.
Christmas Wedding Reception Activity Ideas
- Build the excitement by playing 'Jingle Bells' as Santa visits your Christmas wedding party as a surprise to your guests, dance with them, hands out candies and toys to kids and even plays DJ! Your guests can forward their wish lists to Santa and see if Santa grants them one of the favors.
- Christmas wreath can take the place of the traditional bouquet for the toss while singles can be made to wear mistletoe on wreaths on their heads during the special dance number, so they cannot say 'No!' to the kiss.
- More elaborate weddings can introduce a short Nativity play and the couple can get blessings from angels and baby Christ at the end.
- You may shower two of your single guests with holiday tinsel, glitter and sparkle and they will have to dance the special number along with the newly wed couple.
- Customize the charades game to include the holiday and romantic wedding themes. You can also surf for charms and superstitions related to Christmas on net and the singles can pick up stockings from the party favor basket that can be opened and interpreted for others for fun.
- Passing out fortune cookies with funny messages and then breaking them to read them can be another funky Christmas reception party activity you can opt for.
- A juvenile game like asking everyone to include their best golf swing into their dancing for one particular song on the dance floor would make the reception party look extremely hilarious.
- Luminaries along the driveway to the reception as well as the walkways are an inexpensive and eye-catching decoration.
- Use of transparent balloons, with several chits of funny activities inside. Every guest should be then asked to burst the balloon and take out the chit and perform the activity mentioned in it.