Read about Christmas wedding attire, Christmas wedding dress and Christmas theme weddings.
Christmas Wedding Attire
Christmas weddings or Christmas-themed weddings are wonderful concepts for Wedding. They do not give an auspicious touch to your wedding but also give a festive feel to it. However, when it comes to attires and accessories, it narrows your choices to everything specially the dresses for the bride, bridesmaid, flower girls and also the flowers that they carry. Though you can also take it in a way that choice of colors, accessories and styles are more defined thus making your decisions only a little easier.
In a Christmas wedding, the attire has to be completely in accordance with the theme of Christmas, so there is less scope of experiment with colors. However, there is a lot of scope to experiment with designs, patterns and fabrics. As Christmas is in winter season, you will have to keep the clothing in accordance. Complex, is it? Do not worry; here are some tips that will help you to choose your Christmas wedding:
Christmas Wedding Dress Ideas
- Muffs, the small fur cloth to wrap around hands to keep them warm, can replace the bridesmaids' bouquets for a Christmas wedding.
- Christmas colors for the bridesmaid dress can range from festive red, hunter or forest green, gold, silver and royal-looking midnight blue.
- A bold bride can wear Harry Potter inspired bride long red velvet cape with a hood.
- If you would like to buy your bridesmaid dresses that they can use for long time to come, team up the popular short black cocktail dress with cranberry colored silk scarves, gloves, shoes and hats as accessories. They will be grateful to you till your next wedding anniversary for your thought.
- You can save on Christmas wedding decorations by choosing Christmas red and green as your wedding colors, as most churches will already be adorned in those colors. However, if you want to experiment with something different, you can try - white, cream, silver, gold, light blue, burgundy and forest green.
- Good girl Christmas theme will include long dress for bridesmaids that can be topped off with shrugs, faux-fur muffs and capelets.
- Add a red silk sash to the waist of the bridal gown or choose with lots of beads and sequins for Christmas wedding gown.
- You can get inspired by the rich garments of Three Wise Men from the East and use bold colors with lots of details and golden embroidery in rich fabric for your wedding ensemble.
- Instead of usual bouquet, you can use exotic tropical flowers that remind us of the Three Men from the East again.
- Flowers that are traditionally used in conjunction with Christmas and thus, suitable Christmas wedding bouquet are poinsettia, holly and baby's breath.
- Fabrics for your Christmas wedding attire can range from taffeta to velvet depending on how plush and formal you want your wedding to be.