Evolved in the 13th century, the Christmas village decoration theme has gained immense popularity over the years. Here are some wonderful ideas on Christmas village decoration.
Christmas Village Decoration Theme
A Christmas village is a decorative, miniature village which has, over the past few centuries, evolved into a significant aspect of a Christmas decoration. The tradition of displaying a lighted Christmas village started taking root in the 13th century with nativity scenes. Christmas village decoration has gone through many changes throughout different centuries. What used to be a large display in the 18th century turned into a glitter house during early 20th century! During the 1970s, Christmas villages started constituting of small ceramic houses and gained immense popularity all across the globe. People started giving equal attention to family Christmas tree and the Christmas village. The charm of these villages lies in the fact that they are easy to design and can be displayed even in limited spaces. If you wish to add further embellishments to your Christmas decor then go through the following lines and acquaint yourself with all the nitty-gritty of a Christmas village theme.
Christmas Village Decoration
- Look for an unused fireplace to set up your Christmas village. To add to the elegance of your village, create more complex terrains such as elevated areas, hills etc. For a more real look, you can even hang moon and stars above the village. The hearth offers abundant space to create a frozen lake or extra townspeople.
- Create a miniaturized buffet for a holiday dinner. Place a table big enough to accommodate the dishes and the village pieces. You can also add some more attractive items, according to your own preferences, to catch the attention of guests. A beautifully lit village will certainly add flair to your entire Christmas decor.
- You can also place the Christmas villages under the Christmas tree; however there will be no room for the gifts then. To offer a more attractive and eye-catching attire to your Christmas village, you can elevate some pieces and places in the background. Under the tree, you can have ample space to bring about few variations in the landscape and also to lay out a larger village. Go through the Christmas tree lights and use them to highlight certain areas.
- To impart a more real feel to your miniaturized Christmas village, you can create a church or public library or even a community center by setting up the Christmas village on a larger table.
- For further embellishment, place an electric train in your Christmas village under the Christmas tree. Shop for the right items to create snow, trees, people and animals.
- Place you village in such a way that the guests and neighbours can enjoy and appreciate your creation. Make arrangements so that the village can be viewed from outside the house and from several angles from inside the house.
Christmas village is now an integral part of traditional Christmas decor and the designs are growing more and more elaborate day by day. Go through the above lines and set up your own Christmas village and put it on display to be appreciated by all.