Using some simple techniques, you can get a magnificent candy cane decoration this Christmas. Read on and learn how.
Christmas Candy Cane Decoration
During this Christmas season, you can lend your own creative touch to your Christmas decoration, using some of the readily available resources. One of the most exquisite ideas is to embellish your Christmas tree with all sorts of ornaments and wreaths, by using one of the most traditional Christmas delicacies, the candy canes. All you need is a few household tools and a bit of creativity, to make this delicious candy adornment. These are particularly easy and, with a little bit of assistance from your friends and family members, you can add a superlative complement to the entire Christmas decoration. But, to make this happen, you need a proper step-by-step guide on how to go about it. To aid you in your quest of creating elegant embellishments using candy canes this Christmas, here we bring you an easy step by step guide on how to achieve Christmas candy cane decorations. Go through for some exquisite decor ideas.
Candy Cane Decoration
The North Pole Adornment With Candy Cane
- First of all, cut out a small piece of white cardstock. Now, using permanent marker, paint the cardstock in green color and let it dry.
- Now, cut the shape of a triangle from one of the ends of the strip. On the other side, cut a notch. Make sure that you get the shape of an arrow after this step. Then, take a black permanent market and jot down the words "North Pole" on the arrow.
- Now, stick the arrow sign with the help of good quality glue, to the candy cane that you have. Wait and allow the glue to dry for a while.
- Now, take a red construction paper and cut out two small circles, around 1/8 inch in circumference.
- Fetch two ¼-inch holly leaves cut from a piece of green construction paper. Try to stick the two small circles onto the two small leaves, in order to make a holly bough.
- Stick the holly bough to the "North Pole" sign using glue.
- Lastly, around the top of the candy cane, tie one end of a 6-inch-piece of red ribbon. Tie the other end around the tree.
Some More Candy Cane Decoration Ideas
- You can quite easily design a wreath with a candy cane. Green boughs and red ribbons nowadays seem to be very commonplace. Do something new. Design a peppermint candy wreath and place it at the front door of your home or your workplace.
- Candy canes can make wonderful centerpieces. Motley candy canes will look exquisite on any table or desk. Fetch a jar and place few candy canes protruding outwards. It will certainly make a cute Christmas centerpiece.
- With candy canes, you can also make exquisite Christmas tree garland. There are many ways in which you can use your candy canes on the Christmas tree, apart from hanging them from the branches. Get some candy sticks and a number of ribbons and design an elegant garland for your Christmas tree.
The above write-up offers splendid candy cane Christmas decoration ideas which you can create quite easily, without much effort. Read carefully and see how much the others admire the outcome.