Get tips and ideas on garland decoration for
Christmas tree, decorating Christmas tree with garlands and garland
Christmas decoration ideas.
Garland Decoration For Christmas Tree
Christmas tree is decorated in a number of ways. During the festive season of Christmas, it is customary to find every Christian household to have a Christmas tree beautifully decorated, either indoors or outdoors. People come up with a number of innovative ideas, with a view to make their tree look unique and the best. As a result, almost every embellishment finds its place in the tree. In the present time, ornaments are not restricted to the usual clothespins and balls. Garlands are extensively used to add grace to the tree. Garlands for the tree are not only made with flowers, but also materials like miniature pinecones, wooden beads and even popcorns. In the article, we have given wonderful ideas for garland decoration for Christmas tree.
Decorating Christmas Tree With Garlands
- Arrange garlands according to the natural twists and turns of the trees or in gentle swags.
- If your Christmas tree is very large, place the garlands in deep swags. This will provide the tree a very graceful look.
- For decorating an evergreen Christmas tree, install the lights first, then garlands and finally the ornaments and other decorations.
- You may choose a combination of garlands too. You may double or triple the garlands as well, according to your choice.
- You may also place garlands vertically, twisting and turning them according to the shape of the tree's branches. The best way to wrap the garland around your Christmas tree is to start working from the top and work your way around and down the tree.
- Secure the garland using wires and ribbons and make sure that branches to which you attach them can bear their weight.
- Ensure that you do not hang the garland only at the tip of the tree's branches.
- Long, thin and flexible vines can also be used as garlands for Christmas trees. Be sure to wrap the vines carefully, throughout the tree.
- Mini-pinecone garlands would provide the perfect countryside look to your Christmas tree. If you live near woods, you would get small pinecones in abundance. On the other hand, if you are a city dweller, do not worry; readymade mini-pinecone garlands are available in the stores, during Christmas season.
- Garlands can be easily made out of ribbon chains make chains of ribbon and use them as garlands to decorate your Christmas tree.
- Garlands can also be attached to the top of your Christmas tree and then twisted down vertically. Be sure to give some twists and turns to the garlands, provided the material used for the embellishment is not too stiff. This is perfectly applicable for fresh or silk flower garlands.
- Connect the strands of raffia to make lengthy garlands for your tree. The decoration is especially suitable for a country-themed Christmas tree decor.
- You can also make use of wooden beads and artificial cranberries, to make garlands for your Christmas tree. If you want something unique for your Christmas tree decor, then make use of twisted or braided garlands.
- Popcorn garland is a very popular decorative item for Christmas tree. It is a traditional way to decorate the tree as well as one of the chosen crafts for kids, during the festive season.
- The choice of garland would depend upon the overall theme of your Christmas tree. For instance, in case you want to give a country look to your tree, go for garlands made of pinecones and vines.
- The length of garland would depend upon the size of your Christmas tree. Approximately 9 feet of garland would be needed per foot of the tree. In case of indoor Christmas tree, scale down the measurements to meters and then purchase the garlands accordingly.
- Twisted arrangement of garlands would be more appealing than straight or diagonal lines.
- Be sure not to overload your Christmas tree with garlands, because you need to adorn it with other embellishments as well.