Here are instructions to make Christmas crackers and holiday poppers at home as fun gift ideas for kids.
Christmas crackers or holiday poppers find their origin in British traditions. They are usually used to play pranks during the holiday season. A Christmas cracker (also called holiday popper) typically consists of a paper hat or a small plastic toy, which when you pull it, would open with a bang. It consists of a surprise, which could be a small gift, candy or funny jokes written on a paper. Christmas cracker is often a part of coffee table decorations. Apart from using it to decorate your table, you can give it as party favors too. The craft is very easy to make and inexpensive too. In this article, we have given the easy instructions to make Christmas crackers at home.
Fun Christmas Holiday Poppers Recipe
- Toilet Paper Roll
- Crepe Paper
- Gold Stars
- Plastic Beads (for decoration)
- Small Candies, Small Toys, Confetti, Jokes and Messages (for gifts)
- Wrap the toilet paper roll in crepe paper with about two inches hanging on either side.
- Gather the crepe paper on one side and tie a piece of ribbon around it to close that end.
- Fill the roll with as many candies, toys, confetti, jokes and messages as you want for the treat.
- Gather the paper on the other end, tie ribbon around it and decorate the cracker using your imagination with anything you find.
- Pull on both ends of the cracker to get the treats.