Thanksgiving dinner is a very important aspect of Thanksgiving Day. Several delicious finger food recipes are available for Thanksgiving. Here are some of the finest, Thanksgiving finger food recipes.
Thanksgiving Finger Food Recipes
Thanksgiving is a special day to express gratitude and appreciation to God, for all the blessings in life. Thanksgiving Day or the 'harvest festival' is celebrated with great enthusiasm and fervor. As per the traditions and norms, houses are decorated beautifully with candles, fruits, flowers, autumn leaves and so on. A spectacular Thanksgiving feast is prepared and is shared among family members, neighbors and friends. Customarily, people say 'Grace' before they commence the Thanksgiving feast. The Thanksgiving feast is a major part of the harvest festival. Many mouth-watering delicacies are prepared and the most traditional dishes among them include roasted turkey, green beans, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, corn and pumpkin pie. Along with the main meal, delicious finger food dishes are also prepared as sides and served on this joyous occasion. Plan the perfect Thanksgiving feast with these finger food recipes. Read on for some of the best, finger food recipes for Thanksgiving.
Finger Food Recipes For Thanksgiving
Onion Frittata Bites
- 1 bunch fresh chives - 48 pieces cut to one inch
- Eggs - 2
- Egg substitute - 1
- Chopped onions - 2 Cup
- Grated parmesan cheese - ¼ Cup
- Fat-free sour cream - ¼ Cup
- Salt - ½ tsp.
- Freshly ground black pepper - ½ tsp.
- Butter - 1tsp.
- Cooking oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take a non-stick skillet and melt the butter at medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions to the skillet and cook for 15 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Take a '11x 7 inches' baking dish and spray it with cooking oil spray.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, salt, black pepper, egg substitute, sour cream, cheese and the caramelized onions, coating the onions evenly with the batter
- Now, pour this mixture over the baking dish. Take the remaining grated cheese and sprinkle it over the mixture.
- Bake the mixture at 350°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Let it cool and then cut the batter into 24 equal pieces.
- Top each piece with ½ tsp. sour cream and 2 chives for garnish.
- Lean ground beef - 2 Pounds
- Beaten eggs - 3
- Milk - 1 Cup
- Finely chopped onion - 1
- Ground mace - ½ tsp.
- Dry mustard - 1tsp.
- Sweet paprika - 2 tsp.
- Ground black pepper - ½ tsp.
- Salt - 1tbsp.
- Vegetable oil
- Currant jelly - ½ Cup
- Dry sherry - ½ Cup
- Worcestershire sauce - 1tbsp.
- Sandwich bread - 5 Slices
- Ketchup -1 Cup
- Take a bowl and soak the bread in milk for 1 minute until the bread softens.
- Squeeze out the milk from the bread and add the onions, eggs, salt, dry mustard, paprika, pepper, and mace in the bowl and mix well.
- Now, add the ground beef to the mixture and mix well (preferably with hands).
- Take a baking sheet and brush vegetable oil over it.
- With a small ice-cream scoop spoon, scoop the meatballs, each in a size of 1 ½ inch and roll between the palms of your hands for a smooth surface. Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and brush them lightly with oil.
- Boil the meatballs in a pot for 10 minutes and stir the meatballs occasionally to ensure that they have browned evenly on all sides.
Goat Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms
- White button mushrooms - 20 Oz.
- Chopped garlic clove - 1
- Parsley leaves - ½ Cup
- Soft goat cheese -5 Oz.
- Red pepper flakes - ¼ tsp.
- Sandwich bread - 3 Slices
- Olive oil for brushing
- Salt to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Brush the baking sheet with olive oil.
- Pulse garlic and bread in a food processor to fine crumb-like consistency. Keep ½ cup of the crumbs aside.
- Now add goat's cheese, red pepper flakes, parsley and salt to the crumbs in the food processor and blend to a coarse consistency.
- Fill each mushroom with the mixture and coat the outer layer of the mushrooms with the remaining bread crumbs.
- On a baking sheet, place the stuffed mushrooms at an even distance and bake them for 15 to 20 minutes until they turn soft and brown.
Many finger food recipes are available that are perfect for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is an occasion to spend quality time with friends and families. You can delight your guests with tasty finger foods like cocktail meatballs, onion frittatas and goat cheese-stuffed mushrooms. On Thanksgiving this year, prepare yummy finger foods along with your traditional, Thanksgiving meals.