Thanksgiving dressing recipes add to the taste and flavor of the festive meal. Read on to find out some simple dressing recipes for Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Dressing Recipes
Thanksgiving is a great occasion to invite your friends and relatives over for dinner. The grand feast is the treat of the day and everyone looks forward to it. Besides the main turkey dish, you can introduce several dressing recipes to the meal as well, to give it a completely different taste. There can numerous recipes for Thanksgiving dressing, which can be made of turkey, fruits, oyster, cereal, corn, celery or any other item that one can think of. Here, we bring you some simple dressing recipes for Thanksgiving, which are not only extremely delicious, but also very easy to cook.
Thanksgiving Day Dressing Recipes
Apple Pecan Dressing
- 3 Apples; peeled and chopped into small pieces
- ¾ cup Chopped Pecans
- ¾ cup Chopped Celery
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Chopped Celery
- ½ cup Sliced Onion
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 4¼ cups Wheat Bread Cubes
- 1/3 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/7 tsp Pepper
- 1½ tsp Ground Sage
- Salt as per taste
- Mix chicken broth, onion, butter, celery and salt. Put the mixture in a pan.
- Keep the pan on flame and let the mixture come to a boil.
- Cover the pan and keep it on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Take a large bowl and mix the chopped apples, chopped pecans, cinnamon, pepper, sage and bread cubes in it.
- Pour the broth mixture over the bread mixture and stir well, so that the bread cubes get moistened.
- Bake the mixture at a temperature of 350°, for a period of 25 to 30 minutes and your delicious apple pecan dressing is ready to be served.
- 4 stalks Celery, diced
- ¾ cup Butter
- ¾ pint Oysters, shucked and chopped
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- 1 pound Italian Bread, cubed
- 1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- ¾ cup Sweet Onions, chopped
- ¾ cup Yellow Onions, finely chopped
- Black Pepper, as per taste
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350°F. Grease the baking dish with butter.
- Take a medium size saucepan and put butter in it. Keep the pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Put the celery, yellow onion and sweet onion in the warm butter and stir well. Cook until the ingredients turn tender.
- Now, add black pepper and poultry seasoning into the tender stuffs.
- Finally, mix the oysters and chicken broth, stirring the contents continuously.
- Remove the pan from heat and the mixture over the Italian bread. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture from the pan to a baking dish. Cover the dish with foil and bake the contents for 2 hours.
- Now, switch off the oven and remove foil. Let the dish remain in the oven for about 10 minutes, so that the surface becomes crisp.
Bread & Corn Dressing
- 2 cans Creamed Corn
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 10 slices Dry Bread
- 1¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Sage
- 2 medium-size Onion
- Salt, as per taste
- Pepper, as per taste
- Mix all the ingredients together, properly and transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake the contents at 350°F, for about half an hour.