The perfect salad recipes can make your Thanksgiving dinner a grand treat. Read on to explore some of the best Thanksgiving Day salad recipes.
Thanksgiving Salad Recipes
Arranging Thanksgiving dinner is a great deal, as it involves proper planning of the menu, along with preparation of mouth-watering dishes. Besides the main dishes, salads form an indispensable part of the dinner. In fact, salad is not just the side dish for the dinner, but is also an ingredient that completes it in the true sense. Along with that, salad, whether it is made of vegetable or fruit, is highly health beneficial as well. here, we bring you some recipes for fresh mouth-watering salads, which will complete your delicious treat for Thanksgiving Day.
Salad Recipes For Thanksgiving Day
- 1¼ cup Chopped Onion
- 1 cup Chopped Celery
- 5 medium-size Tomatoes (chopped into thin slices)
- ½ cup Green Bell Pepper
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Vinegar
- Mix the first four ingredients well in a large bowl.
- Take another bowl and mix all the other contents. Pour this mixture over the vegetable mixture. Toss them well.
- Your vegetable salad is ready to be served.
Green Pepper Salad
- 2 Cucumbers, diced
- 3 green Onions, sliced
- 3 Green Peppers
- 1/3 cup Salad Oil
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ tsp Oregano
- 3 Tomatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Lettuce Leaves
- Salt, as per taste
- Preheat the broiler and wash the peppers properly.
- Once the broiler gets heated, place washed peppers on the rack, in broiler pan.
- Heat the peppers until they are charred. Keep stirring them.
- Wrap the charred peppers in a plastic and let them cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once they get cooled, rub them gently, to remove the loose skin.
- Cut the peppers into equal halves and remove the seeds from within.
- Cut 1-inch pieces out of the green peppers.
- Take a medium bowl and mix oil, minced garlic, vinegar, oregano and salt. Finally, add the peppers.
- Cover the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for a period of 2 hours. If you are not in a hurry, you can keep it in the refrigerator overnight as well.
- When you need to serve the salad, add the tomato pieces, diced cumber and sliced onions. Mix properly.
- Garnish the salad with lettuce leaves.
- 1 can Pineapple Tidbits
- 2 cans Mandarin Oranges
- 1 Peach, sliced
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 2 cups Marshmallows
- 1 cup Strawberries, sliced
- ½ tsp Poppy Seeds
- 11/2 cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 ½ cups Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Mix the sour cream with the whipped cream in a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients, except poppy seeds, to the mixture and stir well.
- Sprinkle the poppy seeds on the top, as the garnishing for the salad.
- Cover the salad and keep it in refrigerator for two hours.