Thanksgiving treat calls for some delicious dishes to be served on the dinner table. Explore the article to find recipes for Thanksgiving treats.
Thanksgiving is an occasion when the kith and kin get together for a sumptuous feast and enjoy special Thanksgiving delicacies, after offering prayers to the Holy Lord. Mouth-watering side-dishes are prepared alongside the main course i.e. Turkey meat and are enjoyed in generous amounts on the Thanksgiving Day. Treats for Thanksgiving should include delectable dishes which the guests and family member can relish and savor till the next Thanksgiving. Below given are some of the best recipes for luscious Thanksgiving treats. Enjoy them with your friends and family members.
Thanksgiving Treat Recipes
Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
- 1 (9 inch) Pie Crust (unbaked)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1 cup Sweet Potatoes (cooked and mashed)
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 3/4 cup Sugar (light brown)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Milk (evaporated)
- 1½ cups Pecans (chopped)
- 2 cups Cream (whipped)
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Hazelnut Liqueur
- 1/4 cup Pecan Halves
- Preheat the oven, on a temperature of 375 degrees F.
- Get the crust for one 9 inch pie and refrigerate it, till its ready to bake.
- Put butter, sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, salt, corn syrup and evaporated milk in a bowl and blend them together, to make filling.
- Now, pour this filling into the pie crust and sprinkle chopped onions over it.
- Bake the pie for about 40-45 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- Take whipped cream, sugar and liqueur and beat them together, until the mixture becomes soft.
- Use whipped cream and pecan halves to make toppings over the pie.
Festive Carrot Ring
- 3 pounds Carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 5 tbsp Cornflake Crumbs
- 6 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup Cornflake Crumbs
- Insert a streamer into a saucepan and fill it with water, to just below the bottom of the streamer.
- Place a cover over the saucepan and bring the water to boil. Add the carrots to the boiling water and steam for about 15 minutes, so that they become very tender.
- Now, take out the carrots and mash them smooth in an electric mixer.
- Preheat oven on a temperature of 350 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl for a minute and stir in cooked carrots, milk, Cheddar cheese, butter, onion, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, and remaining 1½ cup of cornflake crumbs.
- Grease a 12 cup ring mold and sprinkle 5 tbsp corn flake crumbs on the mold. Spoon the egg-mixture into the prepared mold.
- Bake in the preheated oven, until the crumbs become light brown in color and are puffed. Remove from the oven and allow to set for 30 minutes.