Thanksgiving potato recipes are easy to prepare and extremely delicious. Read on to explore some easy potato recipes for Thanksgiving Day.
Thanksgiving Potato Recipes
Thanksgiving is a famous harvest festival celebrated with great pomp and show in United States and Canada. People thank the Almighty for the bountiful harvest, on this occasion. Thanksgiving feast is a great attraction of the day, wherein they prepare a variety of items. In fact, several lip-smacking dishes adorn the dinner table on this day. Potato dishes form an important part of the Thanksgiving dinner. They are extremely simple to prepare, yet extremely delicious. Besides, they can be prepared with the minimum of ingredients. In this article, we bring you some of the mouth-watering potato recipes that will make a great treat for your Thanksgiving dinner.
Potato Recipes For Thanksgiving Day
Egg Potato Recipe
- 12 Potatoes
- 6 Eggs
- 3 medium-size Onions
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Salt, as per taste
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 175°C and keep it ready for cooking.
- Peel and grate the potatoes and onions. Mix them properly in a large bowl.
- Add eggs to the mixture, followed by vegetable oil, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour this mixture into the pan greased with oil and bake it in the preheated oven.
- Wait till the top of the stuff is brown and crispy. Serve hot.
Cheese Potato Recipe
- 5 cup of Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 4 tablespoon Milk
- 1 cup Cheese
- ½ cup Cooked Bacon, broken
- ½ cup Green Pepper, chopped
- ½ cup Onion, chopped into small pieces
- Salt, as per taste
- Pepper, as per taste
- Take the mashed potatoes and mix properly with the butter and milk.
- Fry the onion and green pepper in oil in a pan, until they turn light brown.
- Put the onion mixture in a large bowl and subsequently add the mashed potatoes, cheese, bacon, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the mixture and bake it uncovered, at 350°F, for 20-25 minutes.
Sweet Potato Mash
- 5 cups Sweet Potatoes, mashed
- ¾ cup Butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¾ cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 175°C. Grease the baking pan.
- Add all the contents, like mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, melted butter, milk, vanilla and eggs, in a large bowl. Mix them properly.
- In another small bowl, mix the brown sugar with flour. Add butter, followed by the pecans.
- Sprinkle the pecan mixture over the mixture of sweet potatoes.
- Bake the content for 25 minutes and remove them when they turn golden-brown.