Passover spring salad recipes are a great way to bring a unique flavor to the meal. Read on to prepare some simple spring salad recipes for Pesach.
Passover Spring Salad Recipes
Spring salad is a fresh way to spice up a festive meal and give a variation to the regular dishes. Moreover, you can toss in any ingredients as per your choice. These salads are very easy to prepare and do not take much time. All you need is some ingredients that can be easily availed from any local vegetable and fruit store. These dishes are very popular among the children and the adults also love such variations in the regular festive dishes. For your help, we have provided some fresh and delicious recipes for Pesach spring salad.
Spring Salad Recipes for Passover
Spring Fruit Salad Recipe
- 2-3 Apples (chopped)
- ½ cup Strawberries (cleaned and sliced)
- 1 cup Pineapple (fresh, canned or even thawed)
- 1 can Mandarin Oranges
- 1½ cups Berries (blueberries, raspberries or blackberries)
- 1 cup of Pears or Mangoes (or any other fruit of choice)
- ¾ cup softened Cream Cheese
- A pint of Sorbet (of any desired flavor)
- 1½ cups Cool Whip
- Using your hand, blend the whipped cream and the sorbet, until you get a uniform paste. The mixture may become lumpy as the sorbet softens.
- To the above, add the cream cheese in spoonfuls and blend them together using an electric blender, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Set this mixture in the freezer for some time and allow the ingredients to attain the desired texture and consistency.
- In a salad bowl, toss in the fruit pieces and drain any extra fluid present.
- Prior to serving, gently mix the fruit and sauce mixture and serve either single or over any fruit cake.
Spring Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 bowl Fresh Lettuce Leaves
- 1½ tbsp Sugar (or to taste)
- ½ cup Fresh Whipped Cream
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- In a small mixing bowl, whip together the cream and vinegar using an electric beater. Once a uniform blend is achieved, add in the sugar and continue mixing the paste.
- Toss the lettuce leaves inside a large salad bowl and add the creamy paste. Mix well.
- Prior to serving, sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste. You may also use seasoning of any desired choice to give a unique flavor to the salad.
Apple & Beet Salad
- 5 ounces Spring Greens
- 8 ounces canned Baby Beets (cubed)
- 1 Honey Crisp Apple (cored)
- 2 ounces Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic
- Wash the greens and apple thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the beets into slices of ¼-in width. Then, chop the slices into small cubes. Set aside
- Cut the apple into thin slices. Set aside
- To make the salad dressing, mix olive oil with balsamic vinegar. Mince the garlic and add to the vinegar-olive oil mixture.
- Combine all the ingredients, along with crumbled feta cheese, to make the apple and beet salad.
Spinach & Strawberry Salad
- 3 cups BabySpinach Leaves (washed)
- 3 cups Salad Greens (washed and torn)
- 1 cup Strawberries (sliced)
- 1 medium Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Combine fresh spinach leaves, red onion, salad greens, and sliced strawberries in a large bowl. Mix them well. Set aside.
- Pour some orange juice and honey in a separate bowl. Mix well. Add mustard, poppy seeds, salt and pepper to taste and toss the ingredients until, well mixed.
- Pour olive oil on the dressing and blend with the other ingredients, until well mixed.
- You can serve the salad in two ways. Either serve the dressing separately along with the spring salad or toss the dressing with the salad and present in a large platter.
Comment On This Article