Make this Passover special for your friends and family by giving them unique gifts. Given here are some interesting and unique ideas on presents for Pesach.
Passover is celebrated on the 14th day of Nissan (usually the end of March or the beginning of April), to honor the historic freedom of the Hebrews, from the land of ancient Egypt. The entire festival is a seven-day celebration and is spent amidst a whirlpool of events, like prayers, feasting and parties. Jewish families everywhere decorate their houses and sumptuous meals are prepared for the Passover Seder meal. An important aspect of the festival is the rituals that are observed especially during the Seder time. This includes readings from the Holy Haggadah, the chanting of blessings, reading of festive stories like the ‘Four Sons’, and the recital of some popular Pesach hymns and songs.
Another important custom that is observed during the Seder feasts is the exchange of gifts among friends and family, the traditional ones being small packages of fruits and sweets. Gifting of kosher wines is also quite common during the festive season. However, if you are deciding on food items, there is a wide array of options to choose from, starting from matzah chocolates and crackers to cookies, pastries and even briskets. Add them to a bouquet of beautiful flowers and you will have the best Pesach gift for your loved ones. Other common gifts include decorative pieces, dinnerware, Seder plates, wine glasses and table centerpieces. To help you in shopping for Pesach gifts this year, we have compiled a list of some very unique and exquisite ideas in the lines below. Go through them and decide on your presents in advance.
Pesach Gift Ideas
- As the festival is all about spreading the message of freedom and liberty, a good option will be the gifting of the Holy Haggadah. This comes in different versions and innumerous editions are available for the easy understanding of young children and kids. In fact, this is a great way to encourage children to connect to their history and maintain their inherent identity and culture.
- Another useful gift will be a set of Passover Seder plates. They come in various shapes and sizes and can be used not only for the festive occasion, but throughout the year. Also, there are a wide range of options to choose from, like the classical silver-coated ones, wooden plates, and ceramic ware to the designer glass plates.
- One item with which you can never go wrong are the traditional gift packages, containing an assortment of different items like chocolates, cakes, matzah crackers, cookies, muffins and truffles. You can even add in a bottle of customary kosher wine, to make the gift pack more personalized.
- A Pesach gift that is sure to strike meaningful conversations during the dinner celebration is the 'Passover Box of Questions'. This is truly an exquisite gift, which will enable you to know your friends and family in a better manner. Some common examples of the engaging and interesting questions that one finds in such gift boxes are 'To what are you personally a slave?', 'What is the importance of celebrating the rituals today?' etc.
- An ideal gift item that you can bring to a Seder party, as a host's gift, is a beautiful set of Passover horseradish and salt-water dish.
- Another good option is hand-painted matzah covers in bright patterns. They will enhance the look of the Seder table and add to the mood of the diners.
- A special gift for females can be Pesach jewelry, like pendants, earrings and triples.
Other very popular and interesting Passover gift items are:
- Matzah box
- Matzah tray
- Seder and Matzah plates
- Scented candles
- Aromatic potpourris
- Passover cookbook
- Matzah and Afikimen bag set
- Passover song CDs
- Haggadah coloring art and craft book for children
- Silver coated Elijah cup
- Passover charms
Comment On This Article