Passover recipes for kids are easy to make and less time consuming. Read on to know some easy Pesach recipes for children.
Passover Recipes For Kids
Passover is a festive occasion on which Jews around the world commemorate their freedom from the enslavement and oppression by the Egyptians. The festival holds immense religious significance for the Jewish community. The Passover week is marked with festivities and feasting. Jewish households prepare delectable Passover cuisines on this occasion and eat and make merry in the company of their loved ones. The celebrators cook a variety of traditional foods, along with other delicacies, to enjoy a gourmet Passover feast. Below given are some mouth-watering Pesach recipes for kids. Try them and enjoy the Passover with your young ones.
Passover Recipes For Children
Passover Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1¼ cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Sugar
- 1 cup Butter/ Margarine (unsalted)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Matzo Meal
- 1/2 cup Cake Meal
- 1 cup Potato Starch
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- Cream brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla sugar, along with butter.
- Blend eggs in the mixture.
- Stir in salt, matzo meal, cake meal, potato starch and chocolate.
- Chill the dough overnight, or for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350 F.
- Using parchment paper, line a couple of baking sheets.
- Scoop large tablespoons of dough onto the sheet. Leave some room for the dough to spread. Use a generous teaspoon of dough for smaller cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, or until they are done.
- Let them sit on the baking sheet to cool and shape up.
- Remove the cookies with a metal spatula and chill them before serving.
Scrambled Eggs with Vegetables
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Zucchini (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Yellow Squash (chopped)
- 1 small Red Pepper (chopped)
- 6 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add butter.
- Add onions, once the butter melts and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in zucchini, yellow squash and red pepper. Cook for five minutes, or till the vegetables are tender.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl and pour into the skillet. Cook the eggs for a minute. Then, stir gently with a whisk.
- Sprinkle cheese over the eggs. Cook for another minute to melt the cheese.
- Season the scrambled eggs with kosher salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, without letting it cool down.
Comment On This Article