Passover Kugel recipes are easy to make and delicious to eat. Check out the some of the popular Kugel recipes for Pesach, as given in this article.
Passover Kugel Recipes
Kugel and Passover go hand in hand and are complementary to one another. In fact, without the incorporation of delicious kugel recipes, a Passover Seder is as good as incomplete. Likewise, the preparation of a kugel dish becomes all the more special during the festival. In other words, an enticing kugel dish and makes Passover festivities even more endearing. There are different ways of preparing the dish, but overall, it is quite simple and easy to make. You don’t even require extravagant ingredients to churn out its recipe. A step-by-step follow of the process is the key to achieving the perfect Kugel dish. For your benefit, we have provided some simple and interesting Kugel recipes that you can prepare this Pesach.
Kugel Recipes For Passover
Spinach Vegetable Kugel
- 2 to 3 Egg Whites
- ½ Matzo Meal
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- 4 Carrots (sliced and grated)
- 1 cup Mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 8 to 10 oz Spinach
- 2 Onions (sliced)
- 1 stalk of Celery (sliced)
- Prior to preparing and baking the dish, pr heat the oven to about 350 deg F.
- Cook the spinach in the microwave, on ‘high’, for around 4 minutes or until completely done. Make sure that you don’t add any water to the spinach.
- Once cooked, remove from the microwave and allow to cool for some time. Squeeze the spinach leaves dry and place in a separate bowl.
- Sauté the chopped onions, celery, carrots and red pepper in a pan sprayed with some oil, until the veggies are golden and well done.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Coarsely chop spinach and combine with the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- In a 7" x 11" Pyrex casserole, which has been sprayed with some oil, put the ingredients and bake, uncovered, for about 50 minutes, at 350 deg F. Ensure that the dish is well done and firm.
- For the purpose of serving, cut into square pieces.
Fruit Noodle Kugel
- 300 gm Egg Noodles
- 1¾ cup fresh Fruit Pieces (well drained)
- 5 Eggs
- 1½ cup Cornflakes
- ½ cup Margarine
- ½ cup Sugar (or to taste)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- In a large pan, boil the egg noodles as per the instructions on the package.
- When properly boiled, drain the excess water and rinse the noodles with cold water.
- In a separate bowl, blend the eggs, sugar, fruit and cinnamon, until you get a uniform mixture.
- Add the mixture to the noodles and place in a well-greased, medium-sized casserole dish.
- Lightly crush the cornflakes and mix with brown sugar and melted margarine. This will serve as the crumby topping of the dish and should be uniformly spread over the casserole.
- Bake for over an hour, at around 350 degrees Fahrenheit, in the oven.
Comment On This Article