Passover dinner is a ritualistic supper for the Jewish families. Read on to find some delicious recipes for Pesach dinner.
Passover Supper Recipes
Passover dinner is a ritualistic supper for the Jews, which marks the beginning of the week-long Jewish holiday of Passover. The Passover dinner, also known as Seder, is held on the 14th day of Nisan month (of the Hebrew calendar). It is a family ritual prescribed under the Jewish law. The entire family gets together for the dinner, prays to the Holy God and enjoys the traditional Passover dishes in each otherís company. Below given are some supper recipes for Passover. Try them and enjoy the dinner with your family.
Passover Dinner Recipes
Braised Lamb with Sour Orange Marinade
- 6 pounds Leg of Lamb (de-boned)
- 1 tbsp Oregano (dried)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 large Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4 sour Oranges
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Extract the juice of sour oranges in a large glass bowl.
- Combine garlic, onion, oregano, bay leaf, salt, pepper and white wine separately, to prepare the marinade.
- Place the meat in a bowl and pour more than half of the marinade over it.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, to marinate.
- Place a large pot at medium heat and add some oil.
- When the oil is hot, put the marinated meat in the pan and cook on all sides.
- Lower the heat and add the remaining marinade. Cover the pan and cook until the meat is fork-tender. You can add water, if required.
- Serve the lamb hot.
- 1½ pound Chicken
- ½ Onion (chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (peeled & chopped)
- 1 cup Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp White Wine
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Celery Salt
- 1 tsp Salt
- Mix onion, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, white wine, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, pepper, celery salt, and salt in a large bowl. Keep a small part of the mixture aside.
- After mixing the ingredients thoroughly, place chicken in the bowl, evenly coating it in the marinade mixture.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- Preheat the grill on medium heat and oil it lightly.
- Take the marinated chicken out of the refrigerator and cook it on the heated grill for an hour.
- Brush the chicken occasionally with the remaining marinade, until it is completely cooked.
Comment On This Article