A special Passover breakfast can set the festive tone for the rest of the day. Read on to find some easy breakfast recipes for Pesach.
Passover Breakfast Recipes
Passover is a celebration time for the entire family, when everyone gathers to make merriment and feast together. The festive occasion is the right opportunity for people to get spend some quality time with their loved ones and friends. One of the best ways to begin Passover is to gorge upon a scrumptious breakfast with your family. Some lip smacking delicacies in breakfast can set the festive tone for the day, right from the morning. Below given are some easy to make and delicious breakfast recipes for Pesach. Try them and enjoy with your family.
Breakfast Recipes for Passover
Matzo Meal Pancakes
- 1 cup Matzo Meal
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Egg Substitute
- 1 cup Club Soda
- 3 Egg Whites
- Canola Oil (for frying)
- Mix matzo meal, salt, egg substitute and club soda in a medium bowl.
- Refrigerate the mixture for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Beat egg whites in another bowl, until the formation of a stiff peak.
- Now, fold the egg whites into the Matzo meal mixture, gradually.
- Heat some oil in a deep frying pan and drop a spoonful of pancake batter in it.
- Fry the pancake, till both sides assume a golden brown color.
- Serve the matzo meal pancakes with jam or applesauce.
Passover Sponge Cake
- 1½ cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon Rind
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 9 Eggs (separated)
- 1 cup Cake Meal
- 1/4 cup Potato Starch
- Pinch of Salt
- Mix egg whites and salt in a bowl. Beat them until the formation of a stiff peak. Set aside.
- Beats yolks in a separate bowl and gradually add sugar.
- Add lemon rind and orange juice into the beaten yolks.
- Mix sifted cake meal and potato starch separately and add to the yolk-mixture.
- Mix the ingredients properly and slowly, fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture in a greased pan (9 x 13 inches), lined with a wax paper.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 325 degrees F.
- Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes in the preheated oven.
Pesach French Toast
- 2 Eggs (well beaten)
- 1 tbsp Lemon (grated)/Orange Peel
- Cinnamon (ground)
- 6 to 8 (1-inch or 2.54 centimeter) slices Passover Sponge Cake
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Mix lemon peel, eggs and milk in shallow bowl. Beat the ingredients well.
- Soak the slices of sponge cake in the milk mixture.
- Heat butter in a skillet.
- Fry the cake on both the sides, until it assumes a brownish color.
- Sprinkle with sugarand cinnamon.
- Your French toast is ready.
Comment On This Article