Prepare some delicious chicken recipes on Passover, this year. Given in this article are some very easy and simple chicken recipes for Pesach.
Passover Chicken Recipes
Passover is a festival that, along with innumerous customs and traditions, brings with it many a delicious food items and mouth-watering dishes. A hot favorite amongst the numerous Pesach recipes are chicken dishes. They are, in fact, regarded as one of the dishes that make up the main course of the meal and hence, their preparation is given much importance. Whether stuffed and coated or fried in several pieces, Passover chicken can be prepared in many a ways, each one of them more luscious than the other. Here, in this article, we bring to you some very simple, yet tasty chicken recipes for Pesach. You can make them in a very short time and still have your guests very happy and contended.
Chicken Recipes for Passover
Apricot & Ginger Chicken Recipe
- 4 to 5 Whole Chicken Breasts (fresh or frozen)
- Salt and White Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 box Grounded Soup Nuts (mandelen)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Egg Substitute (optional)
- 6 ounces Apricot Preserves
- ½ cup White Wine
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 2 tbsp Margarine
- 1 tsp Fresh Lime Juice
- Clean the chicken pieces properly with cold water and dry them using paper towels.
- Slice each of the chicken pieces into half.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the nut pieces, ginger paste, salt and pepper together.
- Whisk the eggs and lemon juice together and pour the mixture in a pie plate.
- Coat each of the breast pieces with the egg mixture and then with the crumb mixture.
- In a baking pan, arrange all the pieces of the chicken in a single layer. Overlaying of the pieces should not be done.
- Combine the margarine, wine and the preserves in a microwave safe bowl and keep it on high power for around 3 to 4 minutes.
- Alternately, you can also make use of a small saucepan for the purpose and bring the ingredients to a boil.
- Once done, pour the mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Preheat the oven to about 180°C and bake the chicken for over an hour, until the pieces are brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with the sweet and sour sauce.
For Sweet & Sour Sauce
- In a microwave safe glass dish, mix together 1 cup apricot or peach preserves, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, ½ tsp ground cloves, 1 cup sweet and sour duck sauce and 1 tbsp honey.
- Keep inside the microwave for around 2 minutes. Stir and microwave for one more minute.
- Refrigerate for the night and serve the next day, after heating a little in the oven.
Crisp Lemon Chicken
- 5 pounds Chicken
- White and Black Pepper (fresh and grounded)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onions, thinly sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 cups Chicken Stock or Low-sodium Canned Broth
- 2 Lemons (1 juiced and the other thinly sliced)
- 5 sprigs Rosemary
- 1 Celery Stalk, with leaves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 cup Italian Parsley Sprigs
- Clean the chicken properly and remove all the visible fat.
- Pepper the chicken inside out and then marinate with oil and the garlic.
- Stuff half of the lemon slices, onion slices, parsley, celery with the leaves and two rosemary springs inside the cavity of the trimmed chicken and then truss it.
- Place the breast slices over a roasting rack, in a roasting pan.
- Now, place the remaining of the lemon slices, onion, rosemary, parsley and the celery, along with the bay leaf, under the roasting rack.
- Add one cup of the chicken stock.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and then roast the chicken for about half an hour.
- Take out the chicken from the oven, coat with the pan juices and then turn the chicken over.
- Add lemon juice and return the chicken back to the oven for half an hour more or until it is crisp and brown.
- Once done, place the chicken in a warm serving dish and let it rest for some time. Carve the chicken and remove the cavity vegetables.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and press them with a spoon over a strainer to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Serve the chicken hot, along with the pan juices.
Comment On This Article