Passover quotes take us into a different world of self-contemplation and realization. Check out some popular quotations on Pesach holiday.
A unique saga of freedom and unimaginable valor, a chronicle narrating the rising and revolt of the Jewish community against the tyranny and dictatorship of the Pharaoh of Egypt - thatís Passover! The festival is a constant reminder to the entire community about the struggle that their ancestors had to face, to create the Land of Hope and Joy. The celebration starts on the 14th day of the month of Nissan, when friends and family get together to spend some time in the understanding and appreciation of their ancient customs and rituals. The entire occasion is spent amidst enjoyment and merry making. Lip smacking dishes are prepared and the entire house is wafted in its aroma. A unique sense of tranquility prevails as the followers and worshippers gather to dwell in the real meaning of the rituals. Many people have tried to capture the true essence of Passover through beautiful quotes and phrases. Even the Bible has beautiful words en-phrased in honor of the celebration. Read on to know some of these popular quotations on Pesach holiday.
Popular Passover Quotes
- Passover has a message for the conscience and the heart of all mankind. For what does it commemorate? It commemorates the deliverance of a people from degrading slavery, from most foul and cruel tyranny. And so, it is Israel's - nay, God's protest against unrighteousness, whether individual or national. - Morris Joseph
- For a multitude of the people, even many of Ephraim, and Manasseh, Issachar, and Zebulun, had not cleansed themselves, yet did they eat the Passover otherwise than it was written. But Hezekiah prayed for them, saying, the good LORD pardons everyone / That prepareth his heart to seek God, the LORD God of his fathers, though he be not cleansed according to the purification of the sanctuary. - the Bible
- And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the Passover. – the Bible
- The willingness to sacrifice is the prelude to freedom. – Unknown
- And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it inhaste: it isthe L's passover.For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all thegods of Egypt Iwill executejudgment: Iam the L. – the Bible (Old Testament)
- And his princes gave willingly unto the people, to the priests, and to the Levites: Hilkiah and Zechariah and Jehiel, rulers of the house of God, gave unto the priests for the passover offerings two thousand and six hundred small cattle and three hundred oxen. – the Bible
- Passover is one of my favorite times of the year. This is when the whole community and family gets together to remember who we are and why we are here. - Jennifer Wagner
- Passover is our tradition, and I like to keep up with that. Our ancestors couldn't eat bread, and it's nice for us to celebrate that every year by going through their struggles. - Marsha Cohen
- Passover affirms the great truth that liberty is the inalienable right of every human being - Morris Joseph
- And they kept the passover on the fourteenth day of the first month at even in the wilderness of Sinai: according to all that the LORD commanded Moses, so did the children of Israel. – the Bible
- Now when he was in Jerusalem at the Passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. – the Bible
Comment On This Article