Brisket is often served as a main dish in the Passover dinner. Read on to find easy to make and delicious brisket recipes for Pesach.
Passover Brisket Recipe
Passover is a Jewish festival, celebrated by all the Jewish families all across the world. On this day, Jewish households prepare many traditional foods, such as matzo ball soup, hard-boiled eggs and matzah. The week-long holiday is kicked off with the traditional Seder, when the story of Exodus is narrated over the dinner. More than often, brisket is a traditional recipe of the meal, which is served as a main dish. It is a delicious and luscious pot roast, perfect for a large family gathering. Several side dishes and desserts are also prepared to compliment the scrumptious brisket and complete the traditional family meal. Preparing brisket can be a little time consuming though the wait is worth the delectable dish. Given below is an easy to make brisket recipe. Try the recipe and enjoy a lavish Pesach meal with your family.
Brisket Recipe for Passover
- 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 cup Organic Beef Broth
- 1/2 cup Cranberry Juice
- 3 tbsp Potato Starch
- 1 large Yellow Onion (sliced)
- 3 to 4 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Rosemary (chopped)
- 1 (4-5 pound) Brisket (trimmed)
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 6 ounces large Portobello Mushrooms (dark gills scraped away & caps thinly sliced)
- 6 ounces of Cremini/Button Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 cup Cranberries (dried)
- Kosher Salt & Pepper (cracked)
- Whisk wine, broth, cranberry juice and potato starch in a medium-sized bowl. Pour it into a large roasting pan.
- Add in onion, garlic and rosemary. Sprinkle beef broth on all the sides and follow with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place the brisket in the roasting pan, with fat side up.
- Spoon some wine mixture over the brisket.
- Cover the roasting pan with heavy-duty foil.
- Bake the brisket at a temperature of 325 degrees F for about 3 hours, basting every hour.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a dish.
- Cool at room temperature for about an hour. Then, thinly slice the brisket across grain.
- Arrange the slices in a slightly overlapping manner in a pan.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees F.
- Surround the brisket with some sauce. Sprinkle mushrooms and strawberries over the sauce.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until the mushrooms become tender and the brisket is heated through.
- Now, transfer the sliced brisket and sauce in a platter and serve.
- Use a few cranberries to garnish.
Comment On This Article