Make your house look stunning this year by decorating it with Passover tinsels and decors. Given below are some tips & ideas for Pesach decorations.
Are you tired of decorating your home and the Passover table with the same set of chinaware and decors year after year? Do you want to try something new and exciting this season? Go through this article and get some interesting and innovative decoration ideas that will make the festival a unique event. As Passover is a celebration of freedom and represents the onset of a new era of liberty and independence for the Jewish people, the decorations should reflect the same mood. The settings should be such that the true meaning of the festival is captured. You can also spice the event a little by adding different types of decorative themes. For instance, you can make use of a family photo theme, where you can place photos of every member of your family in different corners of the house or keep small photo place cards at the Seder table.
There are innumerous ways in which you can decorate your home for the festive occasion called Pesach. This include party hats, balloons, colorful flowers, holiday themed jewelry charms, table liners and vibrant table napkins. You can even add relaxing Pesach music to create a soothing environment. All these can be easily purchased from any local decoration shops or any departmental stores. If you are more on the creative side, you can even craft your own festive decorations, from a number of easily available materials. In this article, we have listed some of the best ideas to help you arrange a festive décor for Pesach. Read on and make your house look stunning and attractive this year.
Passover Decoration Tips
- The first and the most vital step that has to be taken prior to any decoration or adornment is the thorough cleaning of the house. This is done to remove any form of chametz or leavened bread. Clean the Seder table properly, using boiling water and then spread a waterproof liner over it.
- Cover the table with beautiful Pesach tablecloth and napkins. It is often said that napkins are a great way to express one's creativity and personality. Whether it is the classic pyramid fold or the elegant rose pattern, napkins add volumes to the ambience of a dining table and set the tone for a memorable dining experience.
- The next step involves the setting up of the dining place cards on the Seder table. They can be easily purchased from a store or crafted at home. You can also encourage your kids or younger siblings to craft some, using certain simple materials. Having place cards at the dinner table will also make your guests feel special and welcomed.
- Proceed by decorating the table with the different kosher Passover dishes, Kiddush cups and glasses. They come in various patterns and sizes and can change the entire look of the table. Also keep aside a place for Elijah, the Prophet and place a wine goblet near it.
- Place the Seder plate at a prominent location on the table and add a small dish of salt water for each of your guests, so that they may use it for dipping.
- Another important tradition for the followers and the believers is the Afikomen. A variety of Afikomen bags are available to hold the matzah, which can be again purchased or crafted.
- A must-have on the Passover table is the Holy Haggadah. You can even consider incorporating a personal copy of the Haggadah into every setting. To give it a festive look, you can decorate each book with glitter papers and use silk-cords to attach it with the napkins.
- Beautifully decorated candles and candleholders also can do wonders for the Seder table. You can use them as centerpieces or employ them to decorate different corners of the room.
- It is often said that any decoration without flower is incomplete. Place flowers of various colors on the table and all throughout the house.
- Finally, put Passover party favors at each of the place settings. This can be anything from personalized gifts, stickers and key chains to loot bags, blowouts and hats.
Comment On This Article