Cakes and other dessert are commonly prepared in the Jewish households on Passover. Read on to find some easy cake recipes for Pesach.
Passover Cake Recipes
Passover is a Jewish religious festival that is marked with celebrations, festivities and feasting. There are a number of foods eaten during the Passover week. During the first two nights of Passover, Jewish households cook the traditional delicacies; indulge in feasting and revel in the company of their loved ones. Though the food items at the Seder table vary according to the customs in different Jewish families, eatables like cakes and desserts are commonly eaten by almost all the Jews. Below given are some scrumptious Passover cake recipes. Try them and enjoy the Passover feast with your family.
Cake Recipes For Passover
Passover Apple Cake
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1½ cups Matzo Meal
- ½ cup Potato Starch
- 4 large Apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- ½ tsp Nutmeg (ground)
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish.
- Using an electric mixer, mix eggs, oil and sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir in matzo meal, potato starch and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Toss apples with brown sugar, remaining cinnamon and nutmeg in a separate bowl.
- Layer half of the dough into the prepared baking dish.
- Then, pour the apples over the dish and layer the rest of the batter over the apples.
- If desired, sprinkle with some brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven, preheated at a temperature of 350 degrees F, for 45 minutes.
Orange Passover Cake
- 6 Eggs (separated)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar (divided)
- 1 Orange (grated peel and juice)
- 1/2 cup Matzo Cake Meal
- 2 tbsp Potato Starch
- 1 tbsp Sugar (powdered)
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites on a high speed till the formation of soft peaks.
- Add in ½ cup of granulated sugar gradually, beating until the mixture is stiff and shiny. Set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks and remaining granulated sugar in a large bowl, using the electric mixer for 10 minutes, on a medium speed.
- Add in orange peel and juice. Beat for a minute, or until well blended.
- Stir in the matzo cake meal and potato starch gently.
- Add egg white mixture and blend well by stirring gently.
- Spread the mixture into a non-greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake until golden brown. Transfer cake onto a wire rack. Cool the cake completely in the pan.
Comment On This Article