Treat your friends and family this Passover with some tasty dessert recipes. Some simple recipes for Pesach desserts have been given below.
Passover Dessert Recipes
This year, indulge in some of the mouth-watering and exquisite Passover desserts, made from an assortment of easily available materials. These are quite easy to prepare and provide the perfect conclusion to a traditional Passover meal. These mouth-watering dishes are also a hot favorite with the kids and for those who have a big sweet tooth. Moreover, they are also high on nutritional values. So, what are you waiting for? Bring out your pans and ladles and get ready to create some really scrumptious and lip-smacking Pesach desserts. In case you need any help, check out the recipes listed in the lines below.
Dessert Recipes for Passover
- 5 boards Matzoh
- 1½ cup Margarine
- 1½ cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Use aluminum foil to cover a baking sheet and spray some non-stick cooking oil over the foil. Next, preheat your oven to about 350°F.
- Fill the baking sheet with a single layer of matzoh crackers. You can also break some of them to fill the gaps, if any.
- In a small saucepan, mix the brown sugar and margarine over medium heat. Make sure to stir the mixture continuously, until all the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Once it boils, keep it over the heat for some more time (3 minutes to the max).
- Next, remove the mixture from the heat and carefully add it over the matzoh. You can use either a spatula or a blunt knife to ensure that the mixture covers the entire area evenly, without any rough ends.
- Fill the entire tray in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Check in-between to make sure that the mixture does not get too hot and over-brown. If the edges appear too dark, remove it from the oven at once.
- As soon as you remove the tray from the oven, sprinkle some dark chocolate chips over the toffee layer and allow it to stand for some time.
- When the chocolate starts melting, spread it evenly over the surface using a blunt knife.
- Place the entire tray inside the refrigerator and break it into pieces, once it is completely set.
Sugar-free Coconut Macaroons
- 2 cups Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- ½ cup Egg White (around 4-5 eggs)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1 cup Sugar Substitute
- Preheat the oven to about 375 deg F. Using a parchment paper or a silicon mat, line the insides of the baking tray.
- Take the half cup of egg whites. You can even add a little water to reach the level, if the egg whites are not enough. After this, pour in the vanilla essence, liquid sweetener and water, both 2 tbsp.
- In case you are using powdered sweetener, mix it with unsweetened coconut.
- Blend the dry and wet ingredients together. Make the mixture such that the different components hold together. You can even allow the mixture to set for a minute or two. This will help you to mould the ingredients and give them a good shape later on.
- Take small quantities of the mixture in your hand and roll them into small balls, each no bigger than one inch in diameter. Press them slightly to flatten them and then place them on the baking sheet. You can also be a little creative and use your own designs and patterns.
- While placing inside the tray, make sure you keep the cookies about half an inch apart from each other.
- Next, set the oven to about 325 deg F and bake for about 15 minutes. Do keep checking them in between, to ensure that they are not overdone.
- The perfect color for the macaroons is mild brown on the top and golden brown at the bottom. However, if you want them to be a little crispier, you can keep them for a few more minutes inside the oven.
- You can make as many as 14 to 15 cookies at a time, depending on the size of the baking tray.
- In addition to the taste factor, these cookies are high on energy level. Each of these cookies has about 1 gram carbohydrate, 2 grams protein, 2 grams fiber and 76 calories.
Comment On This Article