Jews eat some delectable delicacies during the Passover week. Read the article to find some easy to make and simple recipes for Pesach.
Easy Passover Recipes
Passover is a Jewish religious festival that is synonymous with festivities and feasting. During the Passover week, traditional food is prepared in the Jewish households. The families get together and enjoy the gourmet dishes in each other’s company. Passover food has a deep religious and symbolic meaning for the Jews of the world and there are certain food items that are strictly prohibited, and termed as non-kosher; they cannot be consumed during the Passover week. However, there are many easy to make dishes and permitted foods that one can try for the Passover menu. Given below are some of the easy and simple Pesach recipes that you can enjoy with your family.
Easy Recipes For Passover
- 3 large Cucumbers (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- Dash of Red Hot Pepper
- Dash of Basil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Dash of Black Pepper
- Dash of Parsley (dried)
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 cup White Vinegar
- Combine all the ingredients, except cucumbers, and heat till the sugar melts.
- Pour the mixture over cucumbers.
- Store the salad well in an airtight container. You can have the salad any time during the day.
- 6 Potatoes (peeled and grated)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3-4 tbsp Matza Meal
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to a temperature of 425 degree F.
- Combine all the ingredients oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat oil in pan, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the prepared potato mixture to the oil and bake at 425 degrees F, for 10 minutes.
- Bake again for 50 minutes, after bringing the temperature down to 350 degrees F.
- Your Potato Kugel is ready.
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 can boneless Pink Salmon (cut into chunks)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Dill (chopped)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2/3 cup Onions (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Mix the salmon chunks, onion, dill, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice, egg and 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs and mix again, until the ingredients are well combined.
- Leave the mixture aside for 15 minutes.
- Then, shape the mixture into latkes with wet hands.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry the latkes, till they appear to be golden brown on both the sides.
- Drain excess oil on paper towels and serve the latkes.
Comment On This Article