Passover is the time to enjoy some classic and traditional food recipes. Read on to find some traditional recipes for Pesach.
Traditional Passover Recipes
Passover is a Jewish religious festival, celebrated to commemorate the freedom of Jews from their enslavement in ancient Egypt. The festive occasion holds immense religious significance for the Jewish communities of the world. On this day, Jews get together with their entire family and enjoy traditional delicacies in the feast. Though family customs may vary from one household to the other, traditional foods are cooked in all of them, keeping in perspective the age-old Passover rituals and beliefs. There is a range of lip-smacking and delicious traditional Pesach recipes that can be cooked for the Seder or otherwise. Read on to find some of these food recipes and enjoy them with your family.
Classic Passover Food Recipes
Salmon with Garlic & Dill
- 1½ lb Salmon Fillet
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp White Pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 sprig fresh Dill (minced)
- 6 slices Lemon
- 2 Green Onions (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 450 degrees F.
- Keep the salmon fillet on a heavy-duty foil that is large enough to be wrapped around it.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic and minced dill.
- Use lemon slices for topping and sprinkle with green onions.
- Wrap the salmon in the foil and pinch the edges to seal.
- Place the wrapped salmon on the baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the salmon is opaque.
Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 3 lb Beef Tenderloin Roast
- 1/3 cup Horseradish (prepared)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp White Pepper
- ½ tsp Thyme Leaves (dried)
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees F.
- Take off the excess papery skin from garlic and cut off the top 1/4 portion of the head.
- Place it on the foil square, drizzle olive oil over it and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap in the foil and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until soft.
- Now, squeeze flesh from the head and mash with the remaining ingredients, barring tenderloin roast.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Spread an even coat of garlic mixture over the roast.
- Place in a baking pan and roast for 40-50 minutes
- Allow the meat to stand covered at the room temperature, for 10 minutes, before carving.
- Sprinkle salt and white pepper over carved beef tenderloin and serve it with prepared horseradish.
Comment On This Article