Find traditional pumpkin pie recipe/receipe here
and know how to make pumpkin pies.
Thanksgiving festival brings with it a sumptuous feast, complete with lip-smacking dishes. And pumpkin pie is one of the great attractions of the feast, which appeals to the taste of almost everyone. You can make it either on the morning of the Thanksgiving Day or in the night, as the last preparation of the festival. For making the pie, piecrust is baked, along with the filling and it starts to soften immediately. Freshly baked pumpkin pies taste best and thus, it is advisable to make them at night, in order to have them immediately with dinner. It takes about 4 hours to make this pie, including the time taken to chill it. Here, we bring you the mouth-watering recipe for Thanksgiving pumpkin pie, which will lend the final sweet taste to your feast.
How To Make Pumpkin Pie
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Ready-made Piecrust
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/3 cup Well-Packed Brown Sugar
- 1½ cup Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Eggs
- Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place the piecrust in the oven to warm it.
- Mix all the ingredients (except the piecrust) in a large bowl until they blend smoothly.
- Remove the piecrust from the oven.
- Pour the pumpkin filling into the hot piecrust and place it in the oven again.
- Let it bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- You have to be vigilant while baking the pie because the crust of an over-baked pie may crack open.
- When the filling is almost solid and just a little bouncy, the pie is done.
- Let the pie cool on a rack.
- Refrigerate it until the next day but make sure that you do not keep the pie in the freezer which will damage the pie.
- Cut the pie into slices and put a dollop of whipped topping on the top of each slice while serving.