Find cranberry blueberry mix pie recipe/receipe
here and know how to make cranberry and blueberry pies.
Cranberry Blueberry Mix Pie
Thanksgiving is a popular harvest festival, celebrated in the United States and Canada. The festival falls on the fourth Thursday of November. On this day, people thank the Almighty for the bountiful harvest and for showering them with His blessings throughout. They organize grand Thanksgiving feast, in which the desserts form a vital part. When it comes to Thanksgiving desserts, cranberry blueberry mix pie deserves a special mention. One of the most popular desserts used for the Thanksgiving feast, it is a dish that requires both cranberries and blueberries. Other ingredients that are added to it, like ice-cream, nutmeg, and pie crust, others it all the more tempting. Here, we bring you an easy recipe for the cranberry blueberry mix pie, which you can make for this Thanksgiving. The whole recipe will take about one and a half hours.
How To Make Cranberry Blueberry Mix Pie
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- ½ gallon Vanilla Ice-cream
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Readymade Pie Crust
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 12 oz Fresh Cranberries
- 12 oz Frozen Unsweetened Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 6 tbsp Orange Juice
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Warm the piecrust in it.
- Put cranberries, blueberries, cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg in a large bowl and mix all the ingredients well.
- Pour the orange juice in a large saucepan and heat it. Slowly add cornstarch to the juice, while stirring it continuously, to dissolve it.
- Add the berry mix to the saucepan and adjust the heat to medium-high.
- Let the mixture boil and then let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes, while stirring it constantly.
- When the sauce thickens, remove it from heat and let it cool down.
- When the berry filling cools completely, use a spoon to put it inside the pie crust carefully.
- Sprinkle about one tablespoon of sugar on the top of the pie.
- Bake the pie for about an hour or until the crust is brown and the berry filling starts bubbling.
- Be vigilant while baking the pie, for the crust of over-baked pies can crack open and the berry can bubble over.
- Let the pie cool on the rack and then refrigerate it, until one hour before serving.
- Warm the pie a bit before serving. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of each slice.