Making Thanksgiving preschool crafts is a great way to get into the mood of the festive season. Read on to explore preschool craft ideas for Thanksgiving Day..
Thanksgiving Preschool Crafts
Enjoy your Thanksgiving this year by crafting some amazing and unique crafts. It is a great way to enjoy the true spirit of the season and enjoy some quality time with your near and dear ones. You can also involve your little ones in the process, by using Thanksgiving preschool crafts. These crafts are quite easy to make and all you need are some easily available materials, which can be easily purchased from any local store or departmental shop. This is also a great opportunity to help unleash their creative side and inculcate the qualities of patience, persistence and tolerance. Given in this article are some easy preschool craft ideas for Thanksgiving. Read on the pointers given below and help your kids make these amazing festive crafts this season.
Thanksgiving Day Preschool Crafts
Turkey Fan Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- White Craft Paper
- Paint (red, brown and orange)
- Crayons (optional)
- Glue or Stapler
- Toilet Paper Roll
- White Craft Paper
- Paint or Crayons (in different colors)
- Place the white construction paper over the working surface, such that the longest edge of the paper faces you.
- Next, divide the entire paper into three sections.
- Color the topmost section of the paper orange, the middle section red and the lowest section brown.
- Now, starting from the long edge facing you, flip and fold the entire paper in such a manner that a nice big fan is crafted.
- Once done, staple the craft paper in the center. This is to be done to make sure that the fan does not flop-open.
- Decide on your favorite Thanksgiving template and get a printout.
- Using the paint or colored crayons, color and cut out the template pieces.
- Now, attach the large rectangular pieces first, using the glue to cover the tube.
- Trim and shape the tube, so that it attains the same height as the rectangle.
- Once done, attach the head, wings, feet and wobbler together, using the glue.
- Use a little bit of the glue and some tape and fix the fan to the back of the turkey.
Thanksgiving Garland Of Leaves
- Sheets of Colored Construction Paper (red, orange, green, yellow, brown color)
- Green Yarn
- Black Marker Pen
- Small-sized Clothespins
- Using the different colored construction papers, cut out leaf shapes of any desired pattern.
- Ask all your Thanksgiving dinner guests to write down things that they are grateful and thankful for, on the leaves.
- Attach or hang the piece of yarn across the window or on the wall over the fire mantel.
- Using the small clothespin, attach each of the leaves to the garland.
- Alternately, you can use miniature paper clips or tape to hold the leaves to the piece of yarn.