If you are looking for some child crafts ideas,
this is the perfect article. Check out how to make easy arts &
crafts for kids.
When it comes to kids, the best gift they can give anyone comprises of
crafts. And when it comes to Mother's Day, you can be sure that a mom
will find nothing in this world to be more appealing, as a gift, than a
craft made by her little one. The sincerity that the kids show in making
something for their loved ones makes up for any flaw that might be there
in the craft. There are a number of crafts that can be made quite easily
by kids, with some of them requiring supervision by an elder member of
the family. In the following lines, we have listed two simple kids'
crafts, perfect for a special occasion, be it Mother's Day or otherwise.
How To Make Child Crafts
- A small Plant
- Acrylic Paints
- Cellophane and Ribbon (to wrap the plant pot and plant) -
- Potting soil
- Unglazed Clay Flowerpot
- Start making the craft, by paint the entire clay pot, making use
of a colorful acrylic paint and paintbrushes.
- Take an acrylic paint of different color and use it make designs
on the pot. You can go for polka dots, butterflies, stars, and so
- Put the pot somewhere outside, at such a place where it receives
direct sunlight. Let it remain there till it becomes completely dry.
- Fill the pot with plotting soil, making sure to leave some empty
space at the top.
- Now, you need to put the small plant inside the flowerpot,
covering its roots with the soil.
- If you want, you can wrap the flowerpot with cellophane and tie
it with a ribbon before gifting it.
Twig Photo Frame
- A Photograph
- Glue (if possible, hot glue)
- Twine (or string)
- As the first step, you would be required to collect two bunches
of twigs, with each of the bunch consisting of 8-10 twigs. In one of
the bunch, the twigs should be at least 2 inches longer than the
photo and in the other; they should be at least 2 inches wider than
- Arrange the twigs in a rectangle/ square, in such a way that the
frame is exactly the same size as the photo and at the corners, the
twigs extend outward for about an inch.
- In case the twigs extend longer than one inch, you will need to
cut them with scissors.
- At each of the corners, tie the twigs with the help of a twine or
string, making an X-pattern in the process.
- Past the photo at the back of the twig frame. Take a strong
string and make a loop for hanging the photo.
- Attach one end of the string to the topmost left corner of the
frame and the other end to the topmost right corner of the frame.
- Your twig photo frame is ready to be gifted!