Get to know mre about Famous Mom Sayings.
Famous Mom Sayings
Mothers are the most important person in one's life. Their love, their
persona, their words become an inseparable part of our life. It is very
likely that your mother also has some pet sayings for you. May be
something like "Don't you look at me like that!" or, "I'll
wipe that smile off your face, young man! Even if your mom has left you
for a heavenly abode or no long with you, you remember her every time
when some one says something like this or when you miss her a lot. There
are certain sayings, that you will wonder to know, are being used since
ages from mothers all over the world. Given below are certain sayings
that are being used by mothers since time immemorial, read them all to
find if they include your momma's saying too
Famous Mom Sayings
- Samson! Get your hand out of that lion. You don't know where it's
been! (Judges 14:5-8)
- David! I told you not to play in the house with that sling! Go
practice your harp. We pay good money for those lessons!
- Abraham! Stop wandering around the countryside and get home for
- Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego! I told you never to play with
- Cain! Get off your brother! You're going to kill him some day!
- Noah! No, you can't keep them! I told you, don't bring home any
- Gideon! Have you been hiding in that wine press again? Look at
your clothes! (Judges 6:11)
- James and John! No more burping contests at the dinner table,
please. People are going to call you the sons of thunder! (Mark
- Judas! Have you been in my purse again?!
- Jesus! Stop working on that old wood and come in and eat! You'd
spend you life on that wood, if your father asked ya to!
- Money does not grow on trees.
- When you have your own house then you can make the rules!
- Always change your underwear; you never know when you'll have an
- Don't make that face or it'll freeze in that position.
- Be careful or you'll put your eye out.
- What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?
- You have enough dirt behind those ears to grow potatoes!
- Close that door! Were you born in a barn?
- If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
- Don't put that in your mouth; you don't know where it's been!