Read on to explore the eternal meanings of Holi through the umpteen numbers of famous quotes/ quotations given here.
Holi is the festival of color and joy. It is the day when the bright colors of Holi diminish all the discriminations of caste and creed in society. The colors of Holi also bring along with themselves the spirit of joy, naughtiness, passion and enthusiasm. The festival in itself is the celebrations of the divine love of Radha and Krishna as well as the commemoration of the fact that 'Goodness always triumphs over evil' and the verity that 'Truth is always universal'. There is an eternal meaning of Holi beyond the 'color play' and 'grand feasts'. If you want to explore all these meanings, read on…
Famous Holi Quotations
- Let the colors of Holi spread the message of peace and happiness.
- Holi, the festival of colors, is another seasonal festival associated with Hinduism. At this time, everybody splashes colored water or powder all over each other. It is wonderful because it reflects exactly what is occurring in nature at that time – when all the beautiful flowers of different colors are blossoming. By celebrating this event we feel a greater oneness with nature. This splashing of colors was also a famous ‘lila’ in Shri Krishna’s life.
- The dominant idea behind Holi festival is that we should live more in harmony with nature instead of trying to destroy her and make her our slave.
- Holi is a time to reach out with the colors of joy. It is the time to love and forgive. It is the time expresses the happiness of being loved and to be loved through colors.
- Holi is a special time of year to remember those who are close to our hearts with splashing colors!
- Holi is the apt time to break the ice, renew relationships and link yourself with those that you wanted to with a bit of color.
- Holi is the day to express love with colors. It is a time to show affection. All the colors that are on you are of love!
- Holi is not only about colors and sweets. It reminds of the divine and eternal love of Krishna and Radha. It also reminds one of Narashima, Prahlada and Hiranyakashyapa and thus the fact that ‘Truth and Humanity are invincible forces in the Universe’.
- From the lanes of Mathura and Vridavana, the colors of Holi have spread all over the country. These colors also carry the message of love, brotherhood, and truth. So whenever you splash Holi colors on somebody, you give him a promise of being truthful towards him always, maintain brotherhood with him lifelong and shower him with all the possible love throughout your life.