If you are looking for an easy recipe of Kanji
Ke Vade, then this article is the right for you. We have given a simple
recipe of the snack item here.
Kanji Ke Vade
The spring festival of Holi brings lots of excitement
along with it. All through the day, people are busy in merrymaking and
relishing on delicious sweets and scrumptious pakode. Taking thandai
mixed with Bhang and several other kinds of drinks is also a trend on
this occasion. Since pakoras and vadas make an interesting companion
with these drinks, varieties of pakoda and vadas are made on the
occasion of Holi. Kanje ke vade, made of Urad dal, red chillies and hing
is one of the most scrumptious vada made on Holi. If you also relish on
vadas and pakodas, you must try the Kanji ka vada once. It is very easy
to make and does not take much time. The recipe is given below.
Kanji Ke Vade Recipe
- 1 kg Urad Dal
- 2 pcs (small) Hing
- 3 tsp Salt
- 4 tsp Rai (finely ground)
- 2 tsp Red Chilies (pounded)
- 6 jugs Water
- Oil, for deep frying
- Whole Red Chilies, for garnish
- Soak urad dal overnight and grind to the consistency of a cake
- Whisk the paste till it is fluffy.
- Heat oil well in a deep frying pan.
- Slide the small paste-parts into the heated oil and deep fry to a
golden brown color.
- Take care not to make the vadas too thick.
- Take them out with a sieve type ladle and drain the oil
- Keep a tawa on the fire and heat crystals of hing on it.
- As soon as it gives off the fragrance, turn an earthen pot on it.
- Take it off the fire and fill it with warm water.
- Mix rai, salt, red chilli powder and whole red chillies into the
- Put the fried vadas into the matka.
- Clean the top of the matka and cover it with a clean muslin cloth
and securely tied.
- Leave the matka in the sun during the day for eight days before
it is ready to be served.
- Makes about 1 Kg.