Here is given the recipe/recepie of Hanukkah/
Hanukah hot spicy applesauce. Read on how to make Chanukka spicy
Hanukkah Spicy Applesauce Recipe
Apple sauce is a chunky puree prepared with cooked or baked apples. A variety of spices can be used to make applesauce, but the spices that are commonly used to give a different flavor to it are cinnamon and allspice. In the Hanukkah menu, applesauce is used as a sauce for latkes and cinnamon is added to give it a unique taste. Hanukkah spicy applesauce recipe is very simple to follow and easy to make. Read to know the ingredients required and the method to be followed for making Hanukah spicy applesauce.
How To Make Hanukkah Hot Spicy Applesauce
- 1 (24-ounce) jar Applesauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can Pineapple (crushed and drained)
- ½ tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground Cloves
- 2 tablespoons Rum (optional)
- In a pan, put applesauce and crushed pineapple and cook over medium heat, for about 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and rum (optional). Stir well and serve hot.
- 3 pounds Apples (peeled, cored, cut into 3/4-inch pieces)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Golden-brown Sugar (packed)
- 2 1/2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- In a heavy medium saucepan, combine the apples with one cup water and brown sugar and place it on heat.
- Bring it to boil, while stirring occasionally.
- Now, lower the heat and place a lid on the saucepan. Let it simmer until the apples are very tender (for about 25 minutes).
- Take off the lid and let the sauce simmer till all the liquid has been evaporated (for about 6 minutes).
- Remove the mixture from heat and stir in lemon juice and cinnamon. Let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Mash the apple mixture using a fork, until it becomes coarse and chunky. You can store the sauce in the refrigerator and serve it cold.