Cookies are among the favorite dishes on Hanukkah. Explore the article to find an easy to make cookie recipe for Chanukah.
Hanukkah is a festive occasion which is celebrated by treating and feasting with family and friends. With a range of traditional dishes included in the festive menu, cookies also find an instant mention when the meal is planned. Kids simply love cookies and you can give them a yummy Hanukkah surprise by baking some delicious cookies for them. Below mentioned are the ingredients required and method to be followed for making delectable Hanukkah cookies. Try this easy recipe on Hanukkah to make tasty cookies in just a matter of time.
Cookie Recipe For Chanukah
- 1 cup (200 grams) Butter/Pareve Margarine
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Mix butter/margarine and continue to mix until they become smooth. Add eggs, juice and vanilla in the butter-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Mix flour with baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to dough and mix well, until it blends completely.
- Wrap the dough in a wax paper and let it cool for an hour at least.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 425 degrees F.
- Grease the cookie sheets. Now, spread some flour on the work surface and also flour the rolling pin.
- Roll out the dough using the pin, until it is 1/4 or 1/2 inch thick. You can add flour if the dough is sticky. However, make sure that you add a minimal amount of dough to get rid of the stickiness.
- Using Hanukkah cookie cutters, cut the dough neatly, to make small shaped cookies. You can also use normal cookie cutters, in case you don’t have Hanukkah cookie cutters at your disposal.
- Arrange the cookies on the greased cooking sheet. Make sure that you leave some space between the cookies and don’t over lap them.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for a small period of 6-8 minutes. Your baked cookies should come out light brown in color.
- Let the cookies cool for some time, so that they are ready to be served to your guests.