Here is given the recipe/recepie of potato pancakes. Read on how to make Potato Latkes.
Hanukkah is a Jewish festival that is marked by treating and feasting with friends and family. Jews cook a variety of delicacies on this day and celebrate it in a grand way. Pancakes are loved by one and all and are a favorite on Hanukkah. Potato pancakes is one of the most mouthwatering dishes that can be served on the Jewish festival. Read on to know the ingredients required and the method to be followed for making potato pancakes for Hanukkah. Try these delectable pancakes at home and give your family a treat.
How To Make Potato Pancakes For Hanukkah
- 4 large Potatoes
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tbsp Flour (all-purpose)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- Take potatoes and onion and grate them.
- Take a strainer and squeeze the juice of grated potatoes and onion.
- Take a large size bowl and put egg, salt, pepper, flour and baking powder in it. Also add potatoes and onions and mix them well.
- Take a deep heavy pan and heat some oil in it.
- Pour two tablespoons of potato mixture into the skillet. Level it with the back of a spoon, so that the pancake is about 2½ to 3 inches in diameter.
- Fry the pancake over medium heat, for about 5 minutes on each side, or till it turns golden brown.
- Turn the side carefully using 2 spatulas, so that oil doesn’t splash. Remove the pancake from the pan and drain it on paper towels.
- Before frying the next portion, stir the potato mixture well. If you feel that the entire oil has got absorbed, pour some more oil into the pan.
- Serve the pancakes hot, with applesauce, sour cream,or sugar.