How To Make French Toast
Cooking and mother are synonymous to each other. It is a known fact that most moms spend a major portion of each day in the kitchen preparing delicacies for their family and children. This Mother's Day, give your mom a respite from the daily chores of cooking. You can don the chef caps, while your mom takes a day off from kitchen. Well, if you are wondering what to prepare for breakfast or brunch, you can resort to French toast. A hot favorite option, it not only tastes delicious, but is sure to appeal to the taste buds of your mom. To know more about the varied French toast recipe, browse through the following lines.
How To Make French Toast
2 ½ tbsp Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Whole milk
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
12 Thick slices of bread Butter
Powdered sugar (optional)
- The first step would be to beat eggs, sugar, salt, milk and vanilla in a shallow dish.
- Once the mixture has been prepared, soak the bread in it.
- Now, heat butter over medium high heat in a pan.
- Bake each slice of bread in the pan until it turns slightly brown on each side.
- The last step would be to sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired and your French toast is ready to be served.
Pecan French Toast
2/3 cup Orange Juice
1/3 cup Milk
1/4 cup White Sugar
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 (1 pound) Loaf Italian Bread, cut into 1 inch slices
1/3 cup Butter, melted
1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
2 tbsp Orange Zest, grated
- The first step would be to mix beat together eggs, orange juice, milk, sugar, nutmeg and vanilla extract, in a large bowl.
- In a baking pan, place bread slices on the bottom. Then, pour the above mixture over the bread pieces. Cover the pan and refrigerate overnight, turning once in between.
- In the morning, preheat the oven at about 350 degrees F.
- Now, coat a pan with melted butter. The next step would be to arrange the soaked bread pieces over the pan. Once you have arranged the bread slices, sprinkle some orange peel and pecans.
- Bake the bread slices until they turn golden brown.
Baked French Toast
1 (1 pound) Loaf French Bread, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices
2 cups Milk
1 1/2 cups Half-and-Half Cream
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
3/4 cup Butter
1 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
3 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, arrange the bread slices in the bottom.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Once the mixture has been made, pour it over the bread slices, cover, and refrigerate it overnight.
- Next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In the mean time, prepare butter, brown sugar and corn syrup mixture. Take all the three ingredients in a small saucepan and heat it until bubbling.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and egg mixture and bake it for about 40 minutes. The Baked French Toast is ready to serve!!