Try these easy and simple dinner recipes to make your mom feel special on Mother's Day; it will certainly make the celebrations more joyful.
Mothers Day Dinner Recipes
Let us make our mom feel special on this Mother's Day, by cooking dinner for her. You can even ask other family members to help you out with the cooking. In this way along with you, all of them will feel good that they have contributed to the task of making mom's special meal. Make sure to have a planned menu, get the necessary supplies and assign duties to your family members. You can make the dinner more special by setting a pretty table, with flowers, napkins, a tablecloth and cards for mom. And most important, don't forget to clean up the kitchen after cooking. After all, it's Mother's day and every mom loves neat & clean kitchen.
Crock Pot Brisket
- 2 1/4 lb Lean Beef Brisket
- 1 tbs Veg. Oil
- 3/4 cup Red Wine or Beer
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Dried Whole Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 pods Garlic (minced)
- 1 Bay leaf (crumbled)
- 3 Carrots (2" sticks)
- 5 small Red Potatoes (halved)
- 1 large Onion (quartered)
- 2 tbs Quick-cooking Tapioca
- 1/4 c Water
- Trim fat from brisket. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Over medium-high heat, brown brisket on all sides.
- Place carrots, onion and potatoes in crock pot. Sprinkle tapioca over top of vegetables.
- Add browned brisket.
- Combine wine and remaining ingredients. Pour over top of brisket.
- Cover with lid and cook on high flame for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- The tapioca will thicken the liquid to make its own gravy.
- 1 large Pizza Base (pre-baked)
- 1/3 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
- 12 large Shrimp (cooked)
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper
- 3 pieces Artichoke Hearts (sliced)
- Olive oil
- Minced Basil
- Trim the pizza base into heart shape, place it on pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce on base to near edge.
- Sprinkle cheese over sauce, not quite to edge of sauce.
- Place shrimp in pairs, tails touching, to make hearts, on top of cheese.
- Do the same with some slices of red bell pepper, using the top, where it curves, for the top of the heart.
- Put a few slices of artichoke heart here and there.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over top.
- Sprinkle with minced basil.
- Bake at 375 degrees until cheese melts and pizza becomes piping hot.
Baked Rice Broccoli
- 2 cup Rice (cooked)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Celery (chopped)
- 2 pack Frozen Broccoli
- 1 can Cream of mushroom Soup
- 1 can Water Chestnuts (drained; chopped)
- 1 cup Velvetta Cheese (cubed)
- Melt butter in saucepan. Saute onion and celery in butter.
- Mix cooked rice, onions, celery, broccoli, soup, water chestnuts and cheese in a big bowl.
- Mix all together and put in a 9x13" casserole dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Baked Rice Broccoli is ready to serve.