Here is the recipe/receipe/recepie of Halloween
finger cookies. Read on to know how to make the cookies.
Halloween Finger Cookie Recipe
The trademark of Halloween recipes, be it something light like cookies or heavy like pasta, is that special 'repelling' quality in them, but only as far as looks are concerned. This is because the theme of the holiday is as such that simple, delicious-looking recipes would not go well with them (though they need to have a delicious taste). So, in case you have become tired of thinking of new Halloween recipes every time, it is the time to sit back and let someone else take the pain. Here is an easy Halloween recipe for you, which is extremely delicious and can be made in no time at all.
How To Make Finger Cookies
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 2/3 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Whole Almonds, blanched
- 1 tube of Red Decorator Food Gel
- Put butter, egg, almond extract, vanilla and sugar in a bowl and beat them well.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and add them to the earlier mixture.
- Beat the ingredients some more. until they blend together well.
- Cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- Take out only one quarter of the dough at a time, while keeping the rest of it in the fridge and shape finger-shaped cookies from it.
- Create knuckles by squeezing the dough and create the wrinkles on the knuckle by using the knife.
- Use an almond as a nail, at the end of your finger.
- Lightly grease the baking sheets and place the cookies on them.
- Bake them at 325oF or 160oC, for 20 to 25 minutes or till they turn pale-golden.
- Let the cookies cool down on the racks, for 3 minutes.
- For a more-gory look, you can make use of the red gel.
- Lift up almond; squeeze red decorator gel onto nail bed and press almond back in place, so the fake blood seems to ooze out.
- Makes about five dozen cookies.