Here is the easy recipe/recepie/receipe of Halloween bleeding heart.
Halloween Bleeding Heart Recipe
Halloween, celebrated on October 31st every year, is believed to be the day on which evil spirits, such as ghosts, vampires, and witches, come on earth and terrify people. It revolves around the theme of 'horror', which is followed in every aspect related to the festival, right from home decorations to the food items prepared as Halloween treats. Talking about special Halloween recipes, 'bleeding heart' is very popular one, as it suits the theme perfectly. Read on to explore bleeding heart Halloween recipe, listed just for you.
How To Make Bleeding Heart
- 4 cups Water
- 4 3-oz boxes Raspberry Gelatin Dessert Mix
- 4 envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
- 112-ounce can Unsweetened Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup Chambord Raspberry Liqueur & Raspberry Syrup
- 1 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 small bottle Red Food Coloring
- 3 drops Blue Food Coloring
- 1-gallon Food-storage Bag, without the zip closure
- 6½ cup Human Heart Gelatin Mold
- Put the gelatin dessert and unflavored gelatin in a bowl.
- Boil the water and pour it in the bowl, stirring vigorously, so that the gelatin gets dissolved well.
- Cool to room temperature and then stir in the condensed milk, to get the pink color of the flesh.
- Pour the mixture in a gelatin mold, until it is half an inch thick.
- Put the mold in the fridge, so that the gel gets set and is firm enough to hold the shape.
- Stir together the corn syrup, Chambord raspberry liqueur and raspberry syrup and food colorings, to form the blood.
- Pour it into a corner of the food-storage bag, turned inside out to make it look like a bladder.
- Twist the plastic to tie the knot in a way that no air bubble gets formed between the sauce and the twist.
- Adjust the position of the knot in such a manner that when the bag is made to lie on the counter, it is about 1½ to 2 inches high.
- Use scissors to snip off extra plastic left outside the knot.
- When the gelatin in the mold gets stiff and firm, put this blood-filled bladder inside the mold, in a way that there is at least ¾ inch of space between the sides of the bag and walls of the mold.
- Pour a little more gelatin in the mold, to fill it.
- Set it in the refrigerator again, for about four hours, so that the gel gets firm and attains the texture of fine meat.
- To take the heart out of the mold, put about 2½ inches of hot water in the sink.
- Set the mold in the sink, in a way that water comes just below the edge of the mold for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Then, take the mold out of the sink and use a knife with a sharp blade to run across the edge of gelatin in the mold.
- Place the mold on a white pedestal cake plate carefully and then take the heart out, so that the side, which was at the bottom of the mold, is not at the top on the plate.
- If necessary, tap or shake the mold slightly, to get the gelatin heart out of it.
- Stab the knife in the heart and twist it a little, to make it bleed.
- Cut a piece from the lobes of the heart and catch the sauce as blood on it, on the dessert plate.
- You may put a little whipped cream on it, before serving.
- Make sure that the chunks of food-storage bag do not get served with the bloody dessert or your guests may choke on it.