Cheesy crunchy mix is a light, luscious and healthy snack option. Browse through the article to know the recipe of how to make cheesy crunchy mix.
Cheesy Crunch Mix
Children's Day is a celebration of childhood. The festival is celebrated to pay a tribute to the first Prime Minister of independent India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru for his undying love and passion for children. Children's Day is observed on 14th November which is the birth anniversary of Nehru or Chacha Nehru, as he was called by the kids. The festival is commemorated throughout India with great splendor and grandeur. Activities in the form of singing, dancing and storytelling take place in all schools all over India as it is a day dedicated to the kids. So, why not give them a special treatment by preparing some lip-smacking snacks that the kids can munch on the entire day and share with their friends as well? Given here are recipes for making cheesy crunch mix. Read on to know them.
How To Make Cheesy Crunch Mix
- 3 cups thin Pretzel Sticks
- 4 cups Wheat Chex Cereal
- 4 cups Cheerios Cereal
- 13 ounces Peanuts (jar salted or dry roasted)
- 1 tsp (4 shakes) Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp (2 shakes) seasoned Salt
- 3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1/3 cup Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Take a large bowl and combine together pretzel sticks, wheat chex cereal, cheerios cereal, peanuts, garlic powder, salt, parmesan cheese and butter. Toss to coat the ingredients well.
- Bake the mixture for 30 minutes till the cereal is dry roasted. Make sure that the cereal does not burn.
- ¼ cup unpopped Popcorn
- 2 cups bite-size reduced-fat Cheese Crackers
- 1 tbsp Margarine/ Butter
- ¾ tsp Chili Powder
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Pop the popcorn as per the directions on the package in a hot-air popper or microwave oven. You should have 6 cups of popcorn.
- Mix together popcorn and cheese crackers in a large bowl.
- Melt margarine in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Add chili powder and garlic. Sauté for 1 or 2 minutes till the garlic turns tender.
- Add salt and stir well.
- Drizzle the butter sauce over the popcorn mixture.
- Toss gently to mix well and coat evenly.