Miniature idlis make an ideal snack at anytime of the day. Browse through this article to know the recipe of how to make miniature idlis.
Children's Day is celebrated to mark the birthday of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Born on 14th November, Nehru loved children and worked hard for their education and development. The day is given a national level importance with the festival being celebrated throughout India in all schools. While remembering Nehru and commemorating the day, different delicacies are prepared for kids. Miniature idlis is one dish that can be prepared and served for breakfast. Go through the lines below to find out how to make miniature idlis. Your kids are sure to love them!
How To Make Miniature Idlis
- 2½ cups Upma Rava
- 2-3 stalks Curry Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- ½ tsp Chana Dal
- 8-10 Cashews (broken into pieces)
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Soda Bicarbonate
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh Coconut (finely grated)
- 2 cups fresh Curd
- Place a small pan on stove and heat 2 tbsp oil.
- Add mustard seeds and cashews. Stir fry till they turn light brown.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour upma rava in a large plate or pan and make a well in the center.
- Pour the remaining 2 tbsp oil along with curry leaves, urad dal, chana dal, soda bicarbonate and salt.
- Add the cashews seasoning that you have prepared.
- Using hands, gently stir the mixture to blend it well. Set aside.
- Beat the curd lightly.
- Add rava mixture, coriander and coconut. Mix well.
- Set the mixture aside for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into small idli moulds.
- Steam the idlis in an idli cooker for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Scoop out the idlis from the moulds using a knife and serve with chutney.