Treat your kids with yummy coconut kisses on the occasion of Children's Day. Check this article to know the recipe of how to make coconut kisses.
Children's Day marks the birth anniversary of independent India's first Prime Minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. This national festival is celebrated on 14th November every year to pay a tribute to Nehru's love and passion for kids. However, the Universal Children's day is celebrated on 20th November worldwide. In India, the occasion is marked with great honor, joy and enthusiasm across all the states. Schools organize special programs for the students. A number of delicious delicacies are also prepared on this festival. Coconut kisses are a perfect cookie treat to indulge your kids in. Go through the lines below and know the recipe of making coconut kisses. Enjoy!
How To Make Coconut Kisses
- 1 1/3 cups Coconut (flaked)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Corn Flakes
- ½ cup Nuts (chopped)
- 2 Eggs
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- A pinch of Salt
- Take a medium bowl and combine egg whites with salt. Beat till they get foamy.
- Add sugar and continue beating until stiff.
- Add in vanilla essence, corn flakes, coconut flakes and nuts. Mix well.
- Drop teaspoons of the batter onto greased cookies sheets.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and baking sheets.
- 3 cups Coconut Flakes
- ½ cup Flour
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Coconut/ Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13x9x2 inch cookie sheet.
- Take a large bowl and combine together coconut flakes, flour, egg yolks, brown sugar, butter and coconut extract.
- Mix the ingredients to form soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal balls.
- Place the balls on cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for about 35 minutes till they turn golden in color.