Raisin walnut cookies are simply delicious and inviting. Learn the recipe of how to make raisin walnut cookies by exploring this article.
Raisin Walnut Cookies
Children's Day is celebrated on 14th November throughout India. This day marks the birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru who was the first Prime Minister of India after independence. His intense love for children and their development is honored by celebrating this festival on this day. Observed with immense fun and frolic, schools across India organize programs and events for kids. A large variety of delectable foods are also made on this special day. Raisin walnut cookies are pretty easy to make and are loved by all kids. Let your kids relish these appetizing cookies on this festival. To know the recipe of making raisin walnut cookies, go through the lines below.
How To Make Raisin-Walnut Cookies
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Flour
- A pinch of Salt
- ½ cup Raisins
- ½ cup Walnuts
- ½ cup Coconut
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- Combine butter and sugar together. Whisk till the mixture gets light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat till it is well blended.
- Mix flour and salt. Sift the mixture.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture.
- Add raisins, walnuts, vanilla essence and coconut. Mix well.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture on a greased baking tray or cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F for about 10 to 12 minutes till the cookies are golden brown on top.
- 2 cups Raisins
- Boiling Water (as required)
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 large Eggs
- 3 cups Walnuts
- Keep the raisins in a medium bowl.
- Pour enough boiling water to cover the raisins. Allow the raisins to stand in water for about 1 minute.
- Drain the raisins and keep aside.
- Sift together flour and baking powder in another medium bowl.
- Take a large bowl and beat together sugar and butter till the mixture gets creamy.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add 1 egg and 1/3 of the flour mixture. Beat well.
- Similarly, add the remaining eggs and flour mixture in two equal batches.
- Add raisins and stir.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour till it gets firm slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line 3 baking sheets with foil and butter them.
- Grind walnuts in a food processor.
- Scatter walnuts on a flat working surface.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the dough on walnuts.
- Roll the dough in walnuts with your hands and form balls coating them completely with walnuts.
- Place the balls on baking sheets at 2 inches space.
- Bake the cookies for 14 minutes till they turn golden brown.
- Remove and transfer to racks. Cool the cookies completely.