Kesar Kaju Burfi is a recipe made in almost every Indian home, on the festival of Diwali. Let's read on to know how to make Kesar Kaju Burfi.
Kesar Kaju Burfi
On the occasion of Diwali, every Indian home is full of umpteen numbers of sweet delicacies. One of the most popular amongst them is the Kesar Kaju Burfi. Also known as Kaju Katli, it is a diamond-shaped sweet, made of cashew nuts and sugar. As this sweet dish is moderately sweet in taste and rich with scrumptious taste of cashew-nuts, it is preferred by all the people who do not like extremely sugary items. In case you are in love with this luscious silver sweet, you must try its recipe given below. Itís easy to make and wonderful to taste, what all can you ask for? Here is the recipe of Kesar Kaju Barfi, just for you!
Kesar Kaju Burfi Recipe
- 500 gm Kaju (cashew nuts)
- 300 gm Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Kesar (saffron)
- 1/4 tsp Orange Color
- 2 Chandi Warak
- Soak the cashew nuts in water for 3 hours.
- Drain the water from cashew nuts and grind them finely.
- In a pan, mix sugar and cashew nuts, and roast on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add saffron and orange color to the pan and roast them, till the mixture gets cooked properly.
- Remove the pan from flame.
- On the rolling board, place butter paper and pour the mixture on it.
- Now place another butter paper on top, sandwiching the mixture in-between the two papers.
- Flatten the mixture with the help of a rolling pin, moved over the butter paper.
- Remove the butter paper from top and place silver warak on top of the barfi.
- Cut the burfi pieces in diamond shape and serve.
Comment On This Article