Rasmalai is a lip-smacking dessert item that can
be prepared within no time. Go through the article and get an easy
recipe for Ras Malai.
On the occasion of lights- Diwali-people enjoy
feasting on mouthwatering recipes. Since there is a practice of exchange
of sweets on this occasion, it has almost become a custom in every
family to prepare umpteen numbers of scrumptious traditional sweets and
distribute them amongst relatives and neighbors. People generally prefer
making sweets that are universally liked. One of the universally liked
sweet is the Rasmalai. Made of cheese, milk, sugar and kesar, this is
considered to be a royal recipe. As this royal recipe is not
very difficult to make, you can also try making it as per the
instructions given below.
- 2 lbs Cows Milk or Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 32 oz half & half milk
- A pinch of saffron
- 1/4 tsp crushed cardamom seeds
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp crushed green pistachios
- Mix the cheese with sugar and little cardamom powder and spread
out on a baking tray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or wait till it sets. It
should not get brown.
- Remove from oven, cool at room temperature and cut into 2"
squares. Place them in a dessert bowl.
- Mix the other ingredients, except the pistachios well in a
separate dish and pour over the squares.
- Decorate with pistachios, chill for 2-3 hours and then serve.
Comment On This Article