Masala Dosa is a scrumptious dish made of rava and potato stuffing. Read on to explore how to make Masala Dos, with this recipe.
Masala Dosa is one of the most popular south Indian recipes all over the world. Made up of the fermented batter of Rice and Urad Daal along with the stuffing of mashed potatoes, it is an extremely scrumptious and fulfilling dish. Though the preparation of Dosa requires a lot of time and efforts, the taste is worth it. It is generally used as a breakfast item or snack in most of the Malayalee families. It is served along with sambhar, coconut chutney, onion chutney and tomato chutney. In case you are interested in preparing Masala Dosa, the recipe is given below.
Masala Dosa Recipe
- 1½ cups Rice
- 1/2 cup Urad Dal
- Salt to taste
- 2 large Potatoes
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Yellow Split Peas
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1-2 green Chili
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Separately soak rice and urad dal at least 6 hour or overnight in water.
- Grind to paste.
- Mix together, add salt with water to make batter.
- Leave in room temperature overnight.
- Mix onion and chilies to the thin batter.
- Heat pan or griddle with little ghee or oil.
- Spread the mix on pan in circular motion to make thin Dosa.
- Cook on both the sides, if desired.
- Heat oil. Add mustard seed, peas, onions and spice.
- Fry for about 5 minutes on medium heat or/until onions are turned into golden brown
- Add potatoes and mix and cook some more.
- Add filling inside Dosa and roll. Serve hot with Chutney.