Low Fat Blueberry Muffin Recipe
1 cup bran cereal, shredded
3/4 cup buttermilk, low-fat
1 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1/2 cup sugar
2 each egg whites
3/4 cup applesauce, natural, sugar-free
12 oz blueberries, frozen
- Spray a 12 muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with
paper baking cups. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine bran cereal and buttermilk; allow to
soak until cereal is soft.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda,
salt, cinnamon, allspice and sugar; whisk until mixed thoroughly.
- Stir together egg whites and applesauce; mix well. Stir
blueberries into flour mixture.
- Add bran mixture and egg whites to flour, stirring to combine.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling completely. (The
muffins will lose volume as the blueberries thaw during baking.)
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool on a rack.
Comment On This Article