Mother's Day is a time to celebrate mothers. Surprise her with some flavorsome and easy to make breakfast recipes.
Mothers Day Breakfast Recipes
How about planning a delicious breakfast on Mother's Day and let your mom start her day at ease. This is absolutely a great idea and your mom would definitely love it. You can make breakfast which she usually likes, but a little different dish made by you, would simply be relishing for her. If you want to try something new, there are innumerable breakfast recipes for Mother's Day available on the internet. Here we have jotted down a few easy-to-make breakfast recipes that can be enjoyed on Mother's Day.
1. Scrambled Tofu Recipe
- 450 gm Block Firm Tofu
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 3/4 cup Green Onions (sliced)
- 3 pods Garlic (peeled, sliced thin)
- 3 tbsp Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Fresh Salsa
- Corn Tortillas
- Crumble the tofu blocks using clean hands.
- Take olive oil in a pan and heat it on medium flame.
- Add the garlic and diced pepper, and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the crumbled tofu first, and then add turmeric, salt, black pepper, green onions and soy sauce.
- Cook the tofu for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Scrambled Tofu is ready to eat. Serve with salsa and warm corn tortillas.
2. Tortilla De Patatas
- 6 Eggs
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 2 large Onions (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 900 gms Russet Potatoes (peeled & sliced)
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Add potatoes to it.
- Stir occasionally until they turn golden and crisp.
- Take out the potatoes with a slotted spoon.
- Add salt and pepper to the potatoes, and toss them for a while.
- Add onions in the remaining oil and sauté till they turn golden.
- In the meanwhile, beat the eggs thoroughly in a large bowl. Add the potatoes, onions, remaining salt and pepper to it. Leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Take a smaller pan and put it over medium flame.
- Smear the pan with a little bit of oil. Pour half of the potato/onion/eggs mix in the pan. Swish the pan so that the mixture gets evenly spread.
- Allow the mixture to cook for a few minutes, until the crispy thin egg edge starts to pull away from the pan.
- Now, take a spoon and run it around the outside edges to make sure the egg layer has not stuck to the pan.
- Slide in the spoon; lift the omelette to turn its upside down. By doing this, the uncooked side will get cooked.
- Cook for another minute or so, and then slide the omelette onto a plate.
- Tortilla de Patata is ready to eat. Serve with bread and sauce.
3. Corn Balls
- 1 cup Boiled Corn
- 4 Potatoes (boiled)
- 4 tbsp Cheese (grated)
- 4 Green Chillies
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 225 gms Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 cups Milk
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp All-purpose Flour (Maida)
- Salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan; add 4 tbsp all-purpose flour and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the milk into it and cook till the sauce becomes thick.
- Chop the cottage cheese and potatoes.
- Mix the corn, grated cheese, potato cubes, green chillies, cottage cheese cubes, coriander and the above prepared sauce.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Make the balls out of this mixture. Mix 1 cup flour thoroughly in 1-1/2 teacups of water.
- Dip the balls in flour paste and then, roll them in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep-fry these balls.
- Cornballs are ready to serve.
Comment On This Article