Read on to know how to make Greek Lamb recepie.
Read about Greek lamb receipe.
Greek Lamb Recipe
For Greeks, Easter is a very special festival. A number of customs are followed on the Fifty Days of Easter, wherein the Greeks exchange beautiful Easter candles with their children and other members of their family. Traditional Greek Easter recipes are prepared during the festive season. One of the prominent dinner recipes is prepared out of lamb and named the 'Greek Lamb'. It is essentially a dish made by using boneless leg pieces of tender lamb. The spices used for the recipe are kept to the minimal, yet ensure a very enticing taste and aroma. Go through the following lines to get the easy recipe of Greek lamb.
How To Make Greek Lamb
- 5 lb Leg of Lamb, boneless
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Dill, chopped
- 4 tbsp Rubbed Oregano
- Black pepper
- In a medium size bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, dill, oregano and pepper. Mix well.
- Smear pepper on the lamb. Now, cut some slits in the meat. Marinate (preserve) the lamb for about 2 to 24 hours.
- Sap marinade from the lamb.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the lamb in a shallow roasting pan, which is greased with non-stick spray. Now, bake the lamb in the preheated oven, for about 45 minutes.
- Maintain an internal temperature of 135 F.
- Keep the lamb at rest, before serving.