Pretty pencil pinwheel is easy to make and play with. Go through this article to know how to make pretty pencil pinwheel craft.
Pretty Pencil Pinwheel
Children's Day is commemorated on the birthday of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru to honor his love and passion for kids. It is celebrated on 14th November throughout India with immense fun and fervor. Nehru was a legendary freedom fighter and worked towards the education of children. Different cultural programs and events are organized on this occasion in all schools across the nation. Kids are encouraged to participate in various activities such as singing, dancing, painting, crafts, fancy dress, storytelling, and so on. A number of crafts are also prepared allowing the kids to showcase their talent. Pretty pencil pinwheel is an easy craft that can be made by even a young child. However, adult supervision is necessary. Learn how to make pretty pencil pinwheel craft by going through the lines below.
How To Make Pretty Pencil Pinwheel
- Colored Card Stock/ Construction Paper
- Thumbtack/ Stick Pin
- Pencil (with new eraser)
- White Craft Glue
How to Make
- Download a pattern of pinwheel from the internet and print it on a plain paper.
- Carefully cut out the square pattern along the solid lines.
- Place the pattern over the colored paper and trace out the square.
- Cut out the square from the colored paper.
- Keep the pattern again on top of the colored square.
- While holding both the papers, cut through the pattern and colored paper, leaving space in the center circle.
- Poke through the holes in every corner of the colored paper as given in the pattern using a thumbtack or stick pin.
- Hold one corner of the paper with a hole and fold it towards the center of the square.
- Likewise, fold the other three corners with holes towards the center on the top of the previous holed corner.
- Glue the folds to each other and to the center carefully.
- Hold the center till it dries.
- Push the thumbtack through the center of the pinwheel and then into the eraser of the pencil.
- The pinwheel should not touch the eraser, else it will not spin.
- Glue some sequins to the flaps of the pinwheel to decorate it.
- Let it dry before using it.